topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Automatic Wallpaer Changer (AWC) v3.0.1  (Read 6122 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Automatic Wallpaer Changer (AWC) v3.0.1
« on: November 16, 2006, 12:55 PM »
Basic Info

App NameAutomatic Wallpaper Changer
App URLhttp://awc.smurphy.co.uk/
App Version Reviewed3.0.1
Test System SpecsNot important
Supported OSesOnly Windows, from what I could tell.
Support MethodsForum
Upgrade PolicyFreeware (donationware)

Intro:

Automatic Wallpaper Changer (AWC) does just what its name says.  I did a nice, long search for wallpaper changers that were simle and lightweight, and finally, this was the only program I found.  There were a lot of shareware stuff that did wallpaper management along with a slew of other unnecessary functions (personally speaking, that is).  I even tried out our very own DC nugget "Temporality Screens", but that's a specific software for something a little different.  Anyway, I just thought this was a nice simple application for sticking in a bunch of pictures, and having it alternate through them for your wallpaper.

Who is this app designed for:

This is for people who have very simple wallpaper needs.  Nothing too complicated can be done with this.  It's also for people who want something extremely light on resources and very minimalist.

The Good

Lightweight, minimalist, simple, does the job.

The needs improvement section

Nothing really wrong with it.  There's the option to replace the tray icon with a custom icon, but it seems to screw up the custom icon if it's more than 8-bit or something.  Also, it only reads pictures from one directory, so it's kind of limited in that way.  And you can't select individual images to include...it's just one specific directory (but subfolders can be included).

Why I think you should use this product

I think you should use this product if you are depressed about your current desktop.

How does it compare to similar apps

This is probably really simple compared to other programs.  Someone here reviewed Wallpaper Master which is much more powerful than this and probably better overall.  I just thought I'd throw this option out there also, since it's kind of hard to find this software on the internet with a simple search.

Conclusions

Nice, simple software.  What else can I say?  It just does the job.