topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:52 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FindAndRunRobot anywhere!  (Read 4408 times)

broken85

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FindAndRunRobot anywhere!
« on: October 14, 2006, 02:13 AM »
I recently acquired NagarSoft's Direct Access, and I just wanted to say that FindAndRunRobot is the perfect companion to it. I have a keyword 'find' set up to directly open FindAndRun via its exe (using its command line option to do so), which means I only have to keep Direct Access in memory rather than both, and no matter what I'm doing I can always just type 'find', hit Tab (my confirm key in Direct Access) and open FindAndRun. Together, the combination has all but eliminated my need for opening the start menu.

I'm not implying one can't just create a hotkey to do the same or similar task with FindAndRun without purchasing something like Direct Access (which wouldn't be worth it if that was all I used it for), but it just feels so fluid to be able to type a common word anywhere and have access to all my programs without a click.

Anyhoo, to put it simply, FindAndRunRobot is a truly amazing application. Outstanding job, mouser! I've tried several other application finders/launchers with similar functionality, but I couldn't get used to using them and ultimately found myself digging through menus anyway. But FindAndRun is small and works great on-demand (eg. open with keyword/hotkey, find, then run the app and exit silently). It's exactly what I've always wanted; I can't believe I've had it installed for so long but never really worked closely with it. I totally understand now and I love it!

After trying out ClipMate and not really liking all the bulk that comes with it just to extend my clipboard, I have also fallen in love with Clipboard Help+Spell. It's like a tiny version of ClipMate that has all of its most useful functionality and none of the extra bulk.

On my work PC, I usually have lots of apps open all day and it's not a great computer, and when I was using ClipMate I noticed that sometimes it took up to a second or more to actually put the clip in the clipboard and make it available and that was causing problems with everything I use which automatically pastes anything (eg. Direct Access from above, some AHK scripts, etc). Clipboard Help+Spell completely eliminated any hint of a delay and works flawlessly.
$34.95 vs free makes it all the more sweet (of course I donated, but free as in freely available).

I can't wait for future versions of both apps!

-Ben
--
Ben M

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: FindAndRunRobot anywhere!