topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:08 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Let's Make us some Games!  (Read 41981 times)

Ruffnekk

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Uhm yeah...
    • View Profile
    • RuffNekk's Crypto Pages
    • Donate to Member
Re: Let's Make us some Games!
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2006, 04:04 PM »
If you can develop a single-user version and keep a possible multi-player approach in mind, you can always see if implementing multi-player functionality is appreciated and/or feasible and add it later.

I'll think about some ideas for the game and post it later!
Regards,
RuffNekk

Programming is an art form that fights back.

Gothi[c]

• DC Server Admin
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • linkerror
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2006, 05:57 PM »
Something this big will take a team that can dedicate their time and get paid for their labor.

Hah.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2006, 04:15 PM »
As far as the rewards of building and maintaining the castle, I understand the traditional goals of that in a regular civ-like RTS. It sounded like it was being suggested that it be different than that though, particularly in the sense that the user only controlled one guy. Would people follow you? Would additional units just run around with AI and do their own business? Lots of questions are raised in this scenario.

- Oshyan

Multiplayer RTS style games would probably not work for Flash because of latency. But when I was describing the RTS I meant that you would be just one unit. You would see the world in third person like most MMOs right now, you would be on a team/faction which could possibly be compared to an FPS deathmatch, but you could gain levels and increase your skills and with the right strategies you could win the game.

It is very complicated and this is just an initial idea, and it does raise a lot of questions, but I think that a proper development team would take the time to answer the questions and make something out of it.