topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Saturday April 27, 2024, 9:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: RepoRover - GitHub Repository Automation Companion  (Read 391 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
RepoRover - GitHub Repository Automation Companion
« on: March 06, 2024, 06:52 PM »
RepoRover - GitHub Repository Automation Companion 🚀

Overview
Welcome to RepoRover, your indispensable companion for seamlessly navigating the expansive realm of GitHub repositories! 🌌 This Python script, aptly named RepoRover (reporover.py), brings a touch of sophistication to your repository-related tasks, making automation both enjoyable and efficient.

Features
  • Commit Exploration: Embark on an insightful journey through commit history, unraveling the details of each SHA, message, author, and date.
  • Real-time Console Updates: Stay informed with dynamic updates in the console as RepoRover diligently explores the GitHub cosmos.
  • Tailored Log Files: Craft individual log files for each repository, capturing changes with the precision of a seasoned explorer.
  • Consolidated Log Hub: Assemble all logs into a unified hub for a comprehensive view of your GitHub ventures.
  • HTML Data Maps: Generate HTML logs for a polished and organized representation, enhancing your journey through repositories.
  • Configuration Mastery: Harness the power of RepoRover's customizable behavior through the config.ini file, offering flexibility and control.
  • Database Integration Excellence: Store repository data in an SQLite database, creating a robust archive of historical changes.
Usage
  • Plot your course by configuring repository URLs in the config.ini file under the [GitHubRepos] section.
  • Tailor your journey with preferences, scheduling, HTML logs, and database options in the config.ini file.
  • Launch RepoRover using the command:
python reporover.py
, and witness its automatic navigation through the GitHub galaxy, uncovering the intricacies of each repository.
[/list]

Configuration Options
  • GitHub Token: Secure your GitHub token in the config.ini file under the [GitHub] section.
  • Log Preferences: Choose the specific information to log, such as stars, forks, popularity comparisons, and latest releases.
  • Scheduling Mastery: Set the time interval for RepoRover to embark on its automatic explorations.
  • HTML Logging Elegance: Toggle HTML log generation for visually appealing representations of your GitHub expeditions.
  • Database Integration Wisdom: Decide whether to store repository data in a robust database and specify the database file.
Getting Started
  • Ensure you have Python installed and are ready for a productive coding session.
  • Configure your config.ini file with repository URLs and preferences.
  • Install required packages by running:
    pip install beautifulsoup4 github3.py tqdm
  • Launch RepoRover using the command:
    python reporover.py
    Note: If you haven't set a GitHub token, RepoRover will prompt you during its exploration.

Embark on your GitHub journey with RepoRover, and may your code explorations be both enriching and enjoyable! 🌟🚀 If you have any questions or wish to share your experiences, feel free to reach out. Happy coding! 🌌✨

Known Issues
    HTML Output and Combined Outputs are not currently filling with data. Will be fixed in a future update.

Link: https://github.com/Kynlos/RepoRover

publicdomain

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2019
  • Call me Vic!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: RepoRover - GitHub Repository Automation Companion
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 08:01 PM »
Hello & good day Kynlo! Just wanted to cheer you up on the new section & releases :Thmbsup:

Keep up the good work!

(P.S.: I'm your first follower on GitHub --you'll surely grow a following in no time)

Cheers!
Vic
My name's Victor but do feel free to call me Vic! (now known as "paradisusvic")

❤️ Support on Patreon @ www.patreon.com/paradisusis
New Email/Paypal: paradisusvicgmail.com

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: RepoRover - GitHub Repository Automation Companion
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 08:51 PM »
Hello & good day Kynlo! Just wanted to cheer you up on the new section & releases :Thmbsup:

Keep up the good work!

(P.S.: I'm your first follower on GitHub --you'll surely grow a following in no time)

Cheers!
Vic

-publicdomain (March 06, 2024, 08:01 PM)

Hey Vic!

Thanks for the follow, but I feel I should be honest and mention you're not the first {actually, you are, turns out I was thinking starred, not followers [oops]} (and I'm sponsored on GH for another project on there haha).

Followed you back though :)