topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Saturday April 27, 2024, 11:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SOLVED: list photos according to HEIGHT x WIDTH, not WxH  (Read 3237 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The rise of AI photo enlarging programs suddenly made my old small photos interesting again ♥

However, when I list them in Desktop Win 10 Explorer, the order is not only to my liking. I would very much like an option to also have the pictures listed according to HEIGHT x WIDTH, so I easily can sort the result. Otherwise, if they all are enlarged the same, say x8, portrait format versions easily get too high / too large.

I would want to list the pictures in HEIGHT x Width (not just the usual WxH) order (low-height ones first) and then mark some of them, to drag them to my new enlarger.

So, the app should read the dimensions, and list them,, and allow me to drag a part of them to my bigjpg.exe.

Explorer doesn't offer this HxW feature.
Do you?

Edit: or do you know a program that does?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 07:44 AM by Curt »

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: list photos according to HEIGHT x WIDTH, not WxH
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2023, 11:43 AM »
You can add separate Height and Width columns to Explorer, then you can just sort on the Height column.

Right-click on the column headings, select More..., then check Height and Width.

Screenshot_20230708-023329-01.jpegSOLVED: list photos according to HEIGHT x WIDTH, not WxH

Otherwise, DOpus let's you sort on multiple columns, (by holding Control as you click on them), so you could sort on Height and Width, there might be other file managers that offer the same.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: list photos according to HEIGHT x WIDTH, not WxH
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 07:44 AM »
You can add separate Height ... columns to Explorer,

I never saw that one!

Thanks a lot, Ed
Problem solved.