topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:56 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Show us your (physical) desktop  (Read 133781 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Show us your (physical) desktop
« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2016, 01:07 PM »
But it's not the next one (that one belongs to JennyB). I have tried to "Modify message", but still I don't understand why Jenny's picture is displayed twice!?

It is displayed twice because it displays it in the quote of her post, and you also have it attached to your post. Just modify your message and uncheck the attachment box to get rid of the second one.

JennyB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Test all things - hold fast to what is good
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #201 on: October 31, 2016, 01:45 PM »
JennyB, you inherited your mom's big house, but were afraid time & maintenance would eat the worth.
So, how did it all go? Did you leave it all  and biked out of Ulster, or such?

Considering her last active was in 2015, I think you're going to have to be content with not knowing the story.  ;D

Just found a PM from Curt in my spam folder, so I'm dropping back in for a minute. It's a bit weird seeing a large part of my life scroll before my eyes in the form of past posts - reminds me of some good conversations.

I'm still in the old house. The money's lasting a bit better than I expected - it's still (just) above the level where I can claim Income support. I've got into writing - poems and short stories, with a novel in the works. I've done quite a few public readings now with Fermanagh Writers, and edit Corncrake, a local Arts magazine There's no money in that, but I do earn a little from the odd editing job.

I was sixty last June, and not cycling quite as much, but still hosting international tourists. If cycletouring is your thing, and you're headed to Ireland, you'll find me on Warmshowers.

What else?

I can't remember if I ever mentioned it, but I'm trans. I transitioned officially in 2000. I was quite difficult at time still living in the village where I grew up, pu Mum was my greatest ally.

That all I can think of for now.

Great to hear from you again, Curt.  How have things been for you?  :P
If you don't see how it can fail -
you haven't understood it properly.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2016, 07:18 PM »
nice to hear from you again JennyB :-)