topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 5:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Long delay after taking screenshots  (Read 4010 times)

ycomp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Long delay after taking screenshots
« on: December 01, 2022, 09:25 AM »
I use the toolbar to take screenshots so I do not know if this applies to hotkey screenshots or not. But after I hit the full screen or active window screenshot toolbar buttons, the screenshot is taken but then there is a long windows circular mouse cursor that indicates it is busy.. this lasts many many seconds.

In my post capture options I don't have anything set on that page.

I know that the screenshot is taken pretty much instantly because I can move to another desktop (for full screen screenshot) or another window (for active window screenshot) while the circular mouse cursor is still going strong and will see according the files written that the screenshot was indeed taken well before the circle cursor goes away.

What could be the reason for this?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Long delay after taking screenshots
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 10:09 AM »
Could it be to do with your antivirus? I'm not really sure how to check that, I guess put SC on a white list if that is possible. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
Tom

ycomp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 01:44 AM »
dunno, I just have windows defender.

pl5bnsf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 11:05 AM »
I have been having that as well after screen shots and just saving files in other programs. I can make it go much faster by removing item from the 'Quick Access' list in 'This PC'. Right click on the various items under Quick Access and remove/unlink them. After that saving is much better. Until that list fills up again.

I just searched and found this and turned off the Quick Access feature, will see if that helps.

https://support.micr...40-7f76-0b1092d2495b

ycomp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 02:20 AM »
remove what item from quick access?

I haven't noticed this delay in other programs, although on that computer I don't do much saving.

pl5bnsf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 10:44 AM »
On my system various directories accumulate under 'Quick Access' in 'This PC' (i.e. file manager). Should be at the top left. But it looks like now that I turned off the Privacy settings as suggested in that link, I no longer accumulate directories in the list and my screenshots save quickly. But I definitely did have long save times in many apps for downloaded files/images, so I may have had more going on.