topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 3:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Best Android Email App?  (Read 6437 times)

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Best Android Email App?
« on: September 22, 2022, 05:41 PM »
Hello

I am looking for an Android app that will save me from the Ymail frustrations:
- does not fully download emails when they arrive so I cannot open then when offline
- does not resize fonts to be visible no matter what the sender fonts were
- does not have the option not to mark as read automatically
- does not display well Teams invites (omits date/time)
- does not have any power/productivity features at all (e.g. favorite attachments, autocomplete, flexible custom gestures etc)

Any reliable recommendation? I cannot afford not to send/receive or lose emails/data nor to have inadequate privacy policy.

So far tried:
BlueMail
K-9 Mail
spark

None seemed good enough or having the above features!

Thanks!

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Best Android Email App?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 07:44 PM »
You mention Teams invitations, I would say that if you're using 365 for corporate email then they'll start disabling basic authentication in a couple weeks, so as much as I hate to say it, you might need to use Outlook. I know our company is disabling access from all other email programs.
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 02:16 PM »
You mention Teams invitations, I would say that if you're using 365 for corporate email then they'll start disabling basic authentication in a couple weeks, so as much as I hate to say it, you might need to use Outlook. I know our company is disabling access from all other email programs.

Thanks, no it's not for corp email, it 's for personal email but I just happen to receive Teams invites for videocalls.

irkregent

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 09:58 AM »

This might explain why I can no longer authenticate my Office 365 e-mail account via the BlueMail app.  I keep getting a "Network unavailable" error, which does not make sense.  Out of frustration I went ahead and installed the Outlook app, and found that the exact same login credentials worked flawlessly on the first try.

Fortunately, I remembered seeing this forum thread just recently, and opened it to see if anyone chimed in with recommendations for the original poster.

This is disappointing.  It was very useful to have all my e-mail accounts available in one app (BlueMail).  This is yet another example of further Balknanization of the Internet.  We deserve so much better.

SKA

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 01:15 PM »
Suggest FairEmail -    https://email.faircode.eu/

and NetGuard for Android

Just 1.0 euro or more donation gets you Pro features, more(eg 5-10 euro) gets you key for all devices

Cheers
Ska

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2022, 12:39 PM »
Thanks, VMware's email client is what I finally chose.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 03:11 PM »
Would be cool if you tell us more about it cause I, for one, had no idea VMware offer email client or service even.

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 12:05 AM »
Absolutely, just didn't want to seem as advertising etc.

It is called Boxer Email, it is primary for corporate email accounts on personal devices but it works for personal use too.
It is not very customisable but it has some basic features and what I kind of trust is the brand name and the secure tech behind it as well as its professional look and feel (no offense to individual coders! :) )

I tried the FairEmail and it was extremely slow with Ymail.

Some others like Blue Email, K-9 and others were okish but the main problem was display issues. Some fonts did not display properly or the dark theme didn't work properly etc.

If you set it up with Ymail, you probably need to generate an app-specific pass to be able to login.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 12:16 PM »
 :up: