topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Feature Request v2 - removing/streamlining some features  (Read 4750 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
ill add replies as i think of stuff id like to do.  and also things i think should be removed.

1) remove the different viewing modes.
instead, it will always be in detailed list mode (no more icon mode), but you will be able to customize exactly which columns you want to see.
maybe we can add special columns (like if people want mp3 tag columns, or whatever)

2) i think the two launch modes will be gone in version 2, and i will eliminate the "less memory but loads slower mode"
this was something that some people i know like, because it means F&R uses almost no memory at all until you hit break key.
it does this by running a helper tiny tool that just monitors for the break key and launches main program when triggered.
the problem is that this approach will no longer be viable when F&R supports more hotkeys and hotkeys for dif launchings.

3) streamline the start-with-windows handling, so its reliable and simple, and avoids issues people have had in past.

anyone feel like losing these are going to ruin the program for them?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 09:40 PM by mouser »

rbeeger

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature Request v2 - removing/streamlining some features
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 10:01 AM »
1) I'm always using the detailed mode. I think I find faster what I want to start in this mode than in the icon mode
2) Having 1 GB of RAM I don't really care if it eats 1 or 2 MB. For speed I care though.

cracksloth

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 06:19 PM »
i also currently only use detail mode...  but i would eventually like to see a thumbnail mode (for images and videos).  if this is something you would consider implementing, you may want to at least keep the code handy.  just food for thought.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 06:23 PM »
good point cracksloth.