topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Windows 11 round edges transparency  (Read 2481 times)

PetrKo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Windows 11 round edges transparency
« on: May 23, 2022, 03:29 AM »
Windows 11 with its round edges is slowly getting to become mainstream and many people have problems, how to catch screenshots without the ugly artifacts in corners.
I remember that similar thing has been solved for Screenshot Captor in Windows 7.
Is there some setting to catch Windows 11 screenshots with leaving these corners out?

If not, would you consider this to be a feature for some near future release?

I have seen discussions about this problem on multiple forums, such feature would add another serious advantage for Screenshot Captor over other similar tools.

This can have more than one solution:
* automatic transparency, when capturing single window
* a dedicated shape for crop tool
   - super useful for cutting out from whole screens
   - good workaround, if the automatic solution for a single window was not easy to make (... soon, or at all)

Thanks
Petr

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Windows 11 round edges transparency
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 10:13 AM »
+1 similarly for scrolling screen captures, those gray rounded corners are included somewhat irregularly in the result, as a rectangle is cut out for the captured window :huh:

NB: There is a dirty hack available that changes uDWM.dll, but that is not something I want to have as a 'fix', as it is a little to blunt for me. And it might break with future Windows updates.