topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 2:56 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Convert free format DVD to mp4 or similar  (Read 2663 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Convert free format DVD to mp4 or similar
« on: August 17, 2021, 04:15 PM »
format DVD
two folders VIDEO_TS y AUDIO_TS
include several files of IFO extension, VOB extension , BUP extension.

I wish to convert the splendid movie El Cielo Abierto by Miguel Albaladejo.
 :-* :P

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Convert free format DVD to mp4 or similar
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 06:42 PM »
'MakeMKV', 'Handbrake' or 'VidCoder', those are the tools you'll need to convert a DVD into single video files.

Don't play around with standard presets, until you have a good grasp of what those values mean and how these can affect the result.
Patience is required, regardless of the "horse power" your computer may have. Especially when using HEVC (a.k.a. x265/h265), the conversion is very intensive for RAM and CPU.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 02:38 AM »
'MakeMKV', 'Handbrake' or 'VidCoder', those are the tools you'll need to convert a DVD into single video files.

Don't play around with standard presets, until you have a good grasp of what those values mean and how these can affect the result.
Patience is required, regardless of the "horse power" your computer may have. Especially when using HEVC (a.k.a. x265/h265), the conversion is very intensive for RAM and CPU.
Running to try. Best Regards.

I tried false free programs like FreeMake and Movavi Video Converter

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 07:43 AM »
Sites like AfterDawn have a lot of guides on how to comvert video files, rip DVDs, etc. Consult those first. Some of those are quite old, but are still valid.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 10:48 AM »
Sites like AfterDawn have a lot of guides on how to comvert video files, rip DVDs, etc. Consult those first. Some of those are quite old, but are still valid.

It has been years since I did video conversion but I remember VideoHelp as one of the better sites.  Of course my knowledge may be dated.  Some of the software I used is no longer developed.  :)

Another cool thing about video help, it has a list of "remote hacks."  Many region one dvd players will revert to region free if you follow the instructions posted by users of the particular dvd player.  I had 2 models of Philips DVD player and an Oppo.  They all became region free after entering the remote control sequences listed on dvd help.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 02:46 PM »

I tried handbrake and makemkv.
handbrake fails with the dvd, but makemkv is very nice.
Problem solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 02:50 PM »
Wow !!!!!!. An inmensily list of options.
 :)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 02:50 PM »

It has been years since I did video conversion but I remember VideoHelp as one of the better sites.  Of course my knowledge may be dated.  Some of the software I used is no longer developed.  :)

Another cool thing about video help, it has a list of "remote hacks."  Many region one dvd players will revert to region free if you follow the instructions posted by users of the particular dvd player.  I had 2 models of Philips DVD player and an Oppo.  They all became region free after entering the remote control sequences listed on dvd help.

A nice link to be preserved.
Best Regards