topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Use with removable disks  (Read 3735 times)

mirkosoft

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Use with removable disks
« on: August 31, 2006, 08:53 AM »
Hi,

I have a question an a suggestion. The Question first:

is there a way to tell farr that the removable disk, which he searched yesterday, has an other drive letter today?
This would be great, because you otherwise loose your search history.

and now the suggestion:

It would be nice, if there were a possibility to ad default arguments to applications.
For example I like to start my mailclient from within farr, and have to pass the directory
containing profile information to it. Yes, I could do that with scripts, and then start those from
farr. But it would be more confortable, if i could right click on the application from the search & found list in
farr an then chose a menu point "add default arguments" or something like that. Now, every time when
i execute this application from farr, the arguments I entered sould be passed to the application.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Use with removable disks
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 09:09 AM »
great suggestions;
let me give some more thought to the removable issue - i've just added this functionality almost exactly to my LaunchBar Commander tool, so it shouldnt' be too hard to add it to farr.

the second idea is nice too.. i have to give that a little bit of thought.. sounds like something worth adding to the todo list of farr v2.
the easiest way to do it now is simply add an alias for that program and specify the commandline argument in the alias, then you can just type it and it will find the alias match and launch with argument of your choice (including argument specified in search if you like).