topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 12:34 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Configuring external tools help  (Read 2050 times)

jax200

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Configuring external tools help
« on: June 02, 2020, 07:05 PM »
I would appreciate guidance in configuring the external tools to upload a screenshot to a cloud service such as google drive, dropbox, One Drive, etc.   I haven't any luck with this.  Thanks

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Configuring external tools help
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 06:29 AM »
Hi Jax.

There are a couple of different ways to do what you want.

Note first that Screenshot Captor includes a built-in tool to upload to ImageShack online image sharing service.

For other tools, the most common way would be to choose the Tools menu and then the last option "Configure external tools"

You can then look at any existing tools or add new ones.  In the add dialog it will tell you how to format the file name for your tool.

But I guess the first step is to find the tool you want to trigger and see how it expects to be told about the screenshot filename.

The other way external tools can be configured is to have someone make a .sctool configuration file for it so you don't have to manually add it as explained above.  SC comes with a bunch of these for some common programs.
If you find a good tool that you want to use with SC you could post about it and maybe someone can make an .sctool file for you.