topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Suggestion: Quick Edit  (Read 2110 times)

gnulab

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2019
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Suggestion: Quick Edit
« on: April 02, 2020, 12:23 PM »
Hi,

I would like to make a suggestion towards Screenshot Captor. Without doubt, it is very rich in features, but sometimes it just ain't fast enough because it might involve extra step.

My normal work day would be activating WhatsApp (WA) & Telegram on desktop. Several times each day, I'd be taking screenshots, copy (without saving it) the image, and paste it (CTRL + V) in the WA  or Telegram window.

With ScreenShot Captor, I would have to choose "Save Image and Show" before I could edit the image.

With my previous screenshot program, editing the image, adding box, drawing arrow without having the need to save the file first. Though it lacks of able to change the font size and others.

So, the question is, could you add a fast mode feature, that is after taking screenshot, be able to edit it, click "copy" button, then I could just paste it (CTRL + V) merrily in the WA or Telegram program.

Thank you

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Suggestion: Quick Edit
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 12:32 AM »
Sorry for the delay in replying -- your post originally was hidden and I only now noticed it.

I think you can do what you want if you tell SC that after each capture it should show the main form.. Then you won't have to confirm that you want to Save Image and Show each time.
(in fact I *never* use that pop-up post capture dialog -- I always either have SC set to show after each capture or stay minimize).

Then after you edit your image, press the little button near the bottom right that looks like an organge clipboard icon, that will copy your saved changes to the clipboard.
(if it asks you to confirm that you want to save your settings and you don't like to hit Ctrl+S first to save, you can change the SC options to tell it to always save your changes without asking).

Hope that helps!

gnulab

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2019
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 11:37 AM »
Aha, found that option, thank you for the head up.

After looking at it, there is a lack of keyboard shortcut for copying to clipboard.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Ctrl+C should work.