topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:04 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Links to Reviews and Comments - Add yours!  (Read 22658 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Links to Reviews and Comments - Add yours!
« on: February 24, 2006, 09:24 AM »
We are making a thread for each program with pointers to review and software listing sites that accept reviews.

If you are new to this program you can read more opinions about it;  if you are already a fan of the program please visit these sites and take the time to leave your thoughts for others to read!

FileForum Entry -> http://fileforum.bet...Machine/1125198268/1 (no comments yet!)
Softpedia -> http://www.softpedia...inions/4-7-626,.html (no comments yet!)
SnapFiles (WebAttack) -> http://www.snapfiles..._Letter_Machine.html

Freeware Arena Editor's Pick: http://www.freewarea...details/id=1900.html
InfoPackets Review by Cliff: http://www.infopacke...r_machine_review.htm

escalona

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Links to Reviews and Comments - Add yours!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 04:01 AM »
Do you know this site?

http://www.freewarebox.com

Regards,
Bob

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 11:34 PM »
* featured on Download Squad. :up:

ws-flm-th-1.png

Clrq

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 06:00 PM »
I like this app. But is only half an app. what it needs is add-ins for specific programs so one could by press one button open an email and populate the body with the form letter. that kind of thing.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 06:06 PM »
it's a good idea.. i should say that tflm was actually designed with this use in mind.. it has commandline support for working with plugins and other tools.

as a demonstration, jibz wrote a plugin for thebat email client called Piper which does exactly this -- it actually called the form letter machine, populates it with info from the current email being replied to, and pastes the result into your email.  it's EXTREMELY useful.

it would be very very easy for someone to create such a plugin for other email clients like outlook, etc. if someone wanted to.  in fact it might be possible to do it already if the email client (or a plugin for it) supports running a commandline tool and capturing the output.

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 10:21 PM »
Have to admire the beauty of this program, mouser. Even when I hate how it's so easy to overwrite a tree because of the saving mechanism or the quirky tree editing of the program or the lack of rtf and keyboard shortcuts, this is still a part of my core outlining tools and the only thing I can find that can replicate these checbox features are heavy mindmap apps like Freemind and PersonalBrain. (OneNote for example can only hide content underneath it if it's indented like an outline)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 10:29 PM »
paul, i've been mulling over major changes to tflm for a bit.. maybe we can talk when i do.
until then though, i'd be happy to hear any minor suggestions you might have.

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 03:30 AM »
Thanks mouser. I can't think of any minor changes though. If anything I feel like most other programs should adapt the minimize to tray icon and preview/checkbox options of the program.

Everything about the program seems major. If there's one major minor thing I hoped you'll consider for this version before the next major rewrite is that maybe you can consider the idea of creating one or two backup everytime a new entry is added because right now, it's just too easy to click on the wrong tree for saving and by then, having a backup of a deleted tree is kinda futile.

This is also a bit useless but I just like having lite versions of even lite programs. It's my personal thing though because I don't use it as what it's meant to be used but as an outliner. I'd like the variable to be replaced by a mini-tree again so while you can't highlight the text, you can theoretically cut it to even small parts and maybe the option to go to that part like a bookmark for the notes. I'm thinking since it's just based on the larger tree, it will be just minor to remove the variable option and replace it with a smaller tree within the tree. It's just my totally un-educated guess though and it's really just a minor musing of someone who doesn't know how to program as proven with this minor change which is more preference: Maybe you can have it set so the UI can entirely be hidden in replacement of a small +/-/E on either the right or left side of the screen and the configuration be set to the hotkey to ctrl+p. Again, these are just distractions to the true desires I've read many want out of this program though so it's not really a priority and I do mean it when I can't think of minor things that can be changed at this point.

(+ being add new tree, - delete, E - edit configuration)