topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Trandesk Multiple Desktops  (Read 23492 times)

relipse

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • I love Jesus. Coding in PHP primarily.
    • View Profile
    • See my GitHub
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Trandesk Multiple Desktops
« on: August 14, 2006, 02:54 AM »
Trandesk Multiple Desktops
A Multiple Desktop Manager

Well, have you ever tried XP's powertoys, Microsoft coded a multiple desktop app, but I found many improvements and started working on Trandesk.

I think the best part is doing Ctrl-Alt-D and pressing left right up or down to switch desktops...

http://www.xhirl.com...are/trandesk/webhelp <-- documentation

DOWNLOAD BELOW
Ex C++Builder coder, current PHP coder, and noob Qt Coder
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 02:56 AM by relipse »

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Trandesk Multiple Desktops
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 03:58 PM »
Hmm, looks promising. I should go and try some more of these things and see if I can get used to them this time...

What I *really* want is true session control. Have the ability save a "session" of Windows, clearing them from memory and all, but then be able to recall them to exactly that state later on. Sort of like a multi-hibernate function.

- Oshyan

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 06:44 PM »
Slightly off topic, but I really like the PowerToy calculator. It should come standard with Windows.

I got it a few years ago but I can't remember how to get to the PowerToys. Can someone provide a link?

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 08:07 PM »
Slightly off topic, but I really like the PowerToy calculator. It should come standard with Windows.

I got it a few years ago but I can't remember how to get to the PowerToys. Can someone provide a link?

Here's the link if you are using XP: http://www.microsoft...oys/xppowertoys.mspx
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 10:26 PM »
Thanks! I'm sure I could have found it on my own, but I didn't have time right then.

I'm trying out some of them now. The Task Switcher is kind of neat. . .

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 10:54 PM »
Relipse,

A lot of your images on your documentation are broken. Also, your quickswitcher doesn't go away if you click off the side of it. And I know that in programming everything starts at 0 but I think you should up it one number so you don't have desktops 0-3 but you have 1-4 instead. It would also be great if you could change the colors representing each desktop because the ones you picked are just too bright for my tastes.

I like how it is in the tray instead of requiring the stupid MSVDM taskbar.

The cool thing is that you can have seven virtual desktops if you run both Microsoft's PowerToy and the Trandesk program. Nifty.

Now I wonder what that would be like with a dual monitor setup. . .

Okay, not such a good idea after all to run them both at once. They're getting confused at which programs are open in which window and I can't restore some of my windows from minimization.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 07:31 AM »
Sorry for the Zombie Bump, but I have found a bug for some time now and today I decided to see if the dev was still around and interested in fixing it. (Plus this is in a bit of a strange section of categorization, I kept thinking it was a NANY item. p.s. there is only 1 s in Trandesk so I also kept mis-spelling it Transdesk.)

Hi Relipse, Trandesk is one of a batch of tools from here that I use every day.

However, when I switch between the colored desktops, it seems to shuffle the order of the windows (for example Firefox.)  My use case is batching instance-windows of Firefox in the order that a bunch of job listings on Monster show up. For example Window 1 on the taskbar would be results pages 1-3 with a bunch of tabs. Window 2 on the taskbar should be results pages 4-7, window 3 should be results pages 8-10, etc.

Except when I click back and forth blue to red to green etc, when I get back the windows are in a different order. Results 8-10, then Results 4-7, then results page 11, then the index page that was last, and then finally results 1-3.

Can you take a look?

relipse

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • I love Jesus. Coding in PHP primarily.
    • View Profile
    • See my GitHub
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 12:49 AM »
Wow, i'm pleased to know you use it.
I am not sure where the source code is as of now, but if you come up with it, i'd be happy to take a look.
Ex C++Builder coder, current PHP coder, and noob Qt Coder

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 09:23 AM »
Wow, i'm pleased to know you use it.
I am not sure where the source code is as of now, but if you come up with it, i'd be happy to take a look.

Yay, Relipse has surfaced!

However, I have no idea how to come up with the source code because you made it for a challenge here ... so I don't know how anyone would get the source code. (I certainly don't know how to reverse engineer a binary!) From the silly humanities-guy questions dept, where would the source code have gone? Did you change computers since then and maybe didn't copy it over? I'd think a raw file dump of your machine would dig it up from some random place it might have been stuffed into.