topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Scripting to be added to Screenshot Captor  (Read 22650 times)

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Scripting to be added to Screenshot Captor
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 11:53 AM »
Thank you both! Now iam becalms  :D :D :D

gottadoit

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 08:29 AM »
Mouser,
  Did you ever decide on whether you were going ahead with this and what you were thinking of using ?

I came across this topic whilst looking at automating ftp uploads, in this case I would also be wanting to reference the name of the logged in user as part of either the path (and/or the uploaded filename) for the actual ftp upload

This topic seems to have died but I thought I would ask anyway  ;)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 12:06 PM »
it's not dead at all - i've been working on my plugin system for quite a while now, and FARR (Find and Run Robot) is my first program that has implemented it.  The first 3rd party plugin was in fact written for FARR using it and released by taichimaster (see https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=7998.0).

the same basic plugin engine i wrote for FARR *will* be added to screenshot captor, no doubt about it.

ps. note that for things like ftp'ing, you dont really need a plugin, you can use SC's existing external tool configuration system to do what you are asking for.

gottadoit

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 06:49 AM »
Mouser,
  I was thinking from a deployment point of view its much easier to have a single application with a little bit of scripting to go with it rather than having extra executables involved. Ideally I want something that would allow me to "paste" an image into a webform and with the current state of technology that doesnt seem very likely to happen any time soon

The underlying implementation of something that might work could be a context aware "paste" operation ; I'm not sure if clipboard notifications extend to paste or if they just work when data is going into the clipboard...

If it was possible to intercept the paste event when it is going to a program that doesn't accept an image datatype then a bit of scripting could make it all "just work"... either by creating a file (on a local or network filesystem) that is linked to or by uploading to an ftp site or an image hosting site

It sounds like a simple requirement... I just haven't thought of a good way to do it yet