topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:42 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Screenshot Captor filling registry with duplicate entries  (Read 2687 times)

SRQJohnson

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Screenshot Captor filling registry with duplicate entries
« on: January 20, 2019, 10:11 AM »
I noticed Autoplay had become slow on my Win 7 pro 64 machine. 
Digging through the registry, I found hundreds of duplicate Screenshot captor entries in autoplay handlers. 

Then under STIproxyEvent in two different places there were about 10 pages of duplicate entries in two places.  Unfortunately, I deleted all these before I thought of making a copy to show here.

I have a very similar machine in another room which has some of the same entries, but not as many, as it is seldom used.

Kirby Johnson
[email protected]

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Screenshot Captor filling registry with duplicate entries
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 10:18 AM »
Thanks Kirby, I'll look into why this is happening, and make sure the next version cleans them.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 04:38 AM »
My Clipdiary clipboard does that quite often, when I copy from a Internet browser.

SRQJohnson

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 08:06 AM »
Thanks for the information.  I use Screenshot Captor a fair amount , so would like to solve this.  I went back on the machine and tried to duplicate the problem, but it has not reappeared.  I only use SS Cap to pull still frames off a recorded video, and did it several times just now but only found one entry in the places in the registry.  Below are the registry entries where I had to delete hundreds or maybe a K of duplicates:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\StillImage\Events\STIProxyEvent\{D8465221-4C2B-465D-ACE6-54B632BB087B}]

"Name"="Screenshot Captor"
"Desc"="Screenshot Captor"
"Icon"="sti.dll,0"
"Cmdline"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ScreenshotCaptor\\ScreenShotCaptor.exe -scan /StiDevice:%1 /StiEvent:%2"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\WIA_{D8465221-4C2B-465D-ACE6-54B632BB087B}]

"DefaultIcon"="sti.dll,0"
"Action"="Screenshot Captor"
"InitCmdLine"="/WiaCmd;C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ScreenshotCaptor\\ScreenShotCaptor.exe -scan /StiDevice:%1 /StiEvent:%2;"
"Provider"="Screenshot Captor"
"CLSID"="{A55803CC-4D53-404c-8557-FD63DBA95D24}"