topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: server app for movie scraper for HDi Dune?  (Read 5100 times)

a5ian300zx

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
server app for movie scraper for HDi Dune?
« on: August 15, 2018, 04:10 AM »
Hi All,

First, what a great site. I just came across it.

I wanted to ask if the below is possible or not. There is a community on AVSforum who will be interested in something like this, i appreciate if doable it can be time consuming so hence the question.   

I am into my movies/tv series and as such have a media player with a movie scrapper built-in but what I wanted  to know if possible is to have something plex with a plex server client scrapping on the fly any new added to the collection.

Media player: HDi Dune Pro4K

OS: Dune HD GUI (Linux) running simultaneously with Android OS

http://dune-hd.com/e...ull_hd_media_players

The player has the ability for 3rd party apps (not referring to android but its own Dune OS (Linux) based apps

as you can see below it has number of apps for scrapping but non have an automated server client. the one I use is Yadis great app but stopped production many years ago due to the developer loosing all his data from his PC.

http://dune-hd.com/e...ollection_management

Yadis

http://dunejukebox.com/yadis/

Yadis created a folder with all the move data within and you launch the icon and are presented with a GUI interface, now if we can get say a Qnap (NAS) app that runs in the background monitoring folders and adding the movie/tv series data automatically that would be ideal. just like how plex and emby server does it but for the Dune Eco system.

Qnap Club - unofficial apps for Qnap
https://www.qnapclub.eu/en

is this something that is possible?

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: server app for movie scraper for HDi Dune?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 04:22 AM »
Hi there,

have you tried Dune Explorer V2.2.0 FINAL - The Video Wall Generator ?

I may have misunderstood your request, if so, i am sorry.

a5ian300zx

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 04:28 AM »
Hi there,

have you tried Dune Explorer V2.2.0 FINAL - The Video Wall Generator ?

I may have misunderstood your request, if so, i am sorry.

Sorry, just have been more clear. I am looking for a server app (Qnap) that auto scrapes the movies/tv series as I add them onto my network location so it monitors the folders and scrapes the the data and adds them on automatically but then you would need to make it compatible with one of the front end programs like Yadis, Dune explorer etc...

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 11:03 AM »
Hi, a5ian300zx, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  Unfortunately, I doubt anybody here has that combination of a Dune HD box and a QNAP NAS.  Have you tried asking your question on a Dune-specific forum?

a5ian300zx

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 01:16 PM »
Hi, a5ian300zx, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  Unfortunately, I doubt anybody here has that combination of a Dune HD box and a QNAP NAS.  Have you tried asking your question on a Dune-specific forum?

Thanks for the reply, on the media forums users don't have programming skills.

some have made Windows apps which you has to manually export to specified location but I was looking for for a qnap or even windows app that can do this.

Thanks for advice. shame as I would have thought quite few owners would have been interested and could have possibly raised some funds for the work

Thanks

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 01:59 PM »
Thanks for advice. shame as I would have thought quite few owners would have been interested and could have possibly raised some funds for the work

I run a Plex server so I know what you're aiming for.  However, I don't have a Dune box; I use an Nvidia Shield for the main TV living room and FireSticks for the bedroom TVs.  In other words, what you're asking for requires a fairly specific environment which I just don't think any of the coders on this site have (including myself).

I have read that the Dune boxes are supposed to put out the (subjectively) best video quality for playback and I know that most QNAPs have the ability to run a Plex server app.  So, with that said, is it possible to run a Plex client on the Dune and just use the Plex client's DirectPlay mode for playback, i.e., no transcoding?  Or is the Dune's internal video player responsible for the better video playback?

a5ian300zx

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 02:41 PM »

I run a Plex server so I know what you're aiming for.  However, I don't have a Dune box; I use an Nvidia Shield for the main TV living room and FireSticks for the bedroom TVs.  In other words, what you're asking for requires a fairly specific environment which I just don't think any of the coders on this site have (including myself).

I have read that the Dune boxes are supposed to put out the (subjectively) best video quality for playback and I know that most QNAPs have the ability to run a Plex server app.  So, with that said, is it possible to run a Plex client on the Dune and just use the Plex client's DirectPlay mode for playback, i.e., no transcoding?  Or is the Dune's internal video player responsible for the better video playback?

with probably normal android boxes you probably can but dune has two eco systems one dune os and second android and the Plex works to a degree but not direct play, it is still a new box only few month old.

I do have plex server and emby server and have plex on my appletv 4k and android tv but wanted to use the dune for movie playback as it can do SDR to HDR conversation to, i have had many players inc the shield and firestick but prefer the dune media players.

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 08:08 PM »
Hello again,
i have none of that hardware but an idea rumoring in head.

Theory =
Since you said something that may run windows,
my idea would be a folder monitor that notify/push a message if a new file has been created inside monitored folder.
The Window app would wait for such message and execute any command you like/whatever is needed to be executed to fullfill your wish.
The missing part "Execution" that you have to give.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 10:35 AM »
GSmith221, can you let us know your affiliation with Showbox?