topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Search for software. Launcher for text, quick insertion of a text fragment  (Read 4258 times)

reifwp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello guys. An idea came. 100% such a mini application already exists for the tray. Search for software. Launcher for text, quick insertion of a text fragment, html code,email etc., for 2 clicks of the mouse . To call from the tray on the hotkey this software, and clicked on the desired block .. And inserted the text where the cursor .

reifwp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Software is needed for Windows. Managers of the clipboard are not suitable. Too many mouse clicks. Something like TextExpander for MAC . . Desirable is easier and faster, the algorithm is such,
1) calling the window from the tray -
2) click my mouse on the desired block
3) Inserting automatically text (my saved template)
4) Profit

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Have you seriously taken a look at mouser's Clipboard Help and Spell?

The power there lies in all the points mentioned on that page, but it does take a bit of time to get acquainted with. Be sure to study the help and demo video's.

KodeZwerg

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sorry my comment was wrong.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think you're looking for a "text expander"...  lots of threads about these  on DC.  If you're used to TextExpander on a Mac, take a look at Breevy,  http://www.16software.com/breevy/ because it can (they say, I don't have a Mac to test) import TextExpander snippets and sync both ways with Dropbox.

Some hotkey programs have such features, e.g. Comfort Keys, https://www.comfort-software.com/  A good free one is HotKeyP, http://www.petr.last....sweb.cz/others.html

reifwp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you all. I'm testing the Clipboard Help and Spell, I like it .. I have to get used to it.
Breevy, also tested yesterday, well, this program is more for snippets. And it loads about 20 MB of RAM. That for me a lot. Under the snippets Autohotkey fits. Yesterday I found the old software MULTI BLOCK STORAGE. It seems it is no longer supported, I have it crash. That's kind of like I like this idea

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
...I'm testing the Clipboard Help and Spell, I like it .. I have to get used to it. ...
Be careful - if you persevere with CHS, then you may well find that it becomes indispensable!