topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 2:48 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mini-documentary about tricking using loopholes in Mario Kart's video game  (Read 5756 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Mini-documentary about the race to conquer Mario Kart's Choco Mountain in seconds

It's amazing to see the dedication some people have to some small niches in the world -- in some ways it seems to me the best part of humanity..

Enjoy this surprisingly dramatic and gripping YouTube mini-documentary about one of gaming's strangest and most obsessive cults: racing around Mario Kart 64's Choco Mountain track. Thanks to glitchy shortcuts, racers winnowed times down to just a few seconds. But getting the trick right for all three laps of a time trial?

from https://boingboing.n...y-about-the-rac.html

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I came across that video a couple weeks ago and have been watching others now and then from the same channel.

I'm not really into speedrunning games myself, but I have watched a few speedruns and find it interesting to get a crash course on the history of a particular game or exploit like this. :Thmbsup:

Logonso

• Participant
  • Joined in 2021
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ohhh man, Mario Kart..... I got a bunch of flashbacks from my childhood...