topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mailwasher Pro 40% off this week  (Read 11132 times)

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mailwasher Pro 40% off this week
« on: April 25, 2018, 03:05 PM »
Mailwasher Pro anti-spam software is on sale for 40% off this week.

https://secure.firetrust.com/cart

Unusually for Firetrust, this includes a lifetime license at $59.97, making it about $6 more than the 3-year license.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mailwasher Pro 40% off this week
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 03:27 PM »
Thanks, link just goes to empty cart, here a better one:

they only offering 25% off at the site -- where did you get the 40% discount?
Tom

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 03:58 PM »
50% off ($20 instead of $40)
Expiry Date: 4/30/2018

https://www.colorman...sher-pro_101133.html

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 01:22 PM »
Thanks, link just goes to empty cart, here a better one:

they only offering 25% off at the site -- where did you get the 40% discount?

From the Mailwasher newsletter:

We're also running a discount of 40% on MailWasher Pro this week. So tell your friends and family!

Buy MailWasher with 40% off!

Stay safe

Kind regards
Nick Bolton & the team at Firetrust.com

50% (as per Curt) sounds better, but requires clicking to activate the deal through a 3rd party site, which is the kind of unsafe web behavior I try to avoid. 

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 11:18 AM »
There really is no good alternative to this program that I've found anyway.  Problem is, it's not exactly cheap. Have used Poptray and then PoptrayU for a while now but the latter has bugs and isn't supported (probably because it's free).  Mailwasher Pro was on Giveawayoftheday a couple of times but not lately.
Compaq Presario 5716 (98), Dell Dimension 4700 (XP), Lenovo ThinkPad T530 (Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 11:53 AM by Midnight Rambler »

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 04:35 PM »
There really is no good alternative to this program that I've found anyway.
-Midnight Rambler (April 28, 2018, 11:18 AM)

I used Mailwasher years ago (on Win98...) but didn't much like the then-current version.  Bayesian began to seem another term for "false positive," and back then it expected you to empty your mailbox every time you ran your email client, so every time Mailwasher ran, it started from the beginning again.  I went back to Magic Mail Monitor (freeware).  It isn't Bayesian, development is glacial if it currently exists, and MMM isn't perfect; it's often been very slow on Yahoo! UK accounts since they changed their system a while back.  But it's OK - once you've written enough filters, of course, which is tedious to start with.  Another approach I sometimes use is to write filters into the small freeware email client nPOPuk.  It takes a few more keystrokes; you have to wait until it finishes looking at the mailbox, press F5 to apply filters, then say Yes to actioning them.  Development is also moribund, but the program does work, and is more reliable on Yahoo! UK than MMM is.

Apparently Verizon or whoever now owns Yahoo! are giving themselves the right to read my emails, with the usual take-it-or-leave-it deal.  It's not beyond possibility that I may change away from Yahoo!.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 12:37 AM »
I use Spamihilator (https://www.spamihilator.com/en/) a freeware spam filter.  It' not actively developed as far as I know (last release was in 2014), but it works and I haven't run into any bugs so the lack of new releases isn't a problem.

It has some sort of training system/tool/mode, but I don't know much about it. It seems to identify spam pretty well out of the box, and all I have to do is whitelist emails and domains that get identified as spam that I actually want to get.

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 06:51 AM »
Mailwasher Pro discount has been upped to 51% through May 2018.

Enter promo code mayday51 in the checkout cart and click apply to see the result.

I've used Mailwasher Pro for 14 years and while no spam filtering tool is close to perfect, I have yet to find any other system that provides me with the flexibility to deal with the problem satisfactorily. I have it set to check email on my server automatically, which allows me to check things and delete (or undelete) selectively before anything reaches my local email program. This is great if you use a pop3 account, but far less useful if you use gmail or a similar system, which makes me wonder about the long term market for this kind of software.

I'd guess that Nick Bolton (developer of Mailwasher) is thinking along the same lines, which may explain the great sale prices at this time.  I renewed last year and my current license hs over two years left on it, which poses a dilemma, should I buy a lifetime license now at less than half price or wait and see what happens?

Given that I rely on Mailwasher every day, I'll probably go for the lifetime license now, if only to support the dev, but YMMV.

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 11:45 AM »
Mailwasher Pro discount has been upped to 51% through May 2018.
Have never seen a larger discount.  From the price list, buying a 3-year license rather than a lifetime makes no sense.
Compaq Presario 5716 (98), Dell Dimension 4700 (XP), Lenovo ThinkPad T530 (Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro).

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 09:34 AM »
Just received this today (6/12) and it says for the next five days (6/17?), the 51% off sale is back on.

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 05:57 PM »
The 51% discount is back today (9/18/2018) again for 5 days.

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Black Friday sale:  1, 2 & 3 year license - 60% OFF; Lifetime license - 40% OFF.