topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 9:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Highlight not working on the last few instances of a word in a clip.  (Read 3154 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Highlight in the CHS Memo pane seems to not work on the last few instances of a word in a large clip.
What are the constraints to the highlight function? Does it not go beyond a certain point in a clip?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
I wasn't aware there is any limit but it's a third party component doing the highlighting and it's possible there is some limitation or bug.  Do you notice anything more predictable about when the problem shows up?

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
...Do you notice anything more predictable about when the problem shows up?

Well, it's repeatable, but variable, rather than consistent.

For example:
  • In one large clip, which had variable length lines of text, with 9 occurrences of a term, the term was highlighted only 7 times (the first 7 occurrences).

• In another clip where the term was repeated as just one word on each line of the clip, for 500 lines, only the first 101 occurrences (lines) were highlighted.

• In another clip where there were 672 lines with hundreds of occurrences of the term in variable length lines, all the terms were highlighted up to and including line 535, and none thereafter, though there were many occurrences of the term after that line.

So it seems as though the variability of result may have something to do with the number of occurrences of the term to be highlighted, the number of lines and the length of each line.

I had noticed this before but never mentioned it as it seemed a minor issue. I only noticed it today because the count of occurrences of a term was important to me. When I saw that not all occurrences had been highlighted, I thought to myself that I really should mention it to you, because the functionality is not reliable/consistent in this state.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but you will no doubt discover the same problem if you experiment a bit.