topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The Story Behind Mass Effect: Andromeda's Troubled Five-Year Development  (Read 8498 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
The Story Behind Mass Effect: Andromeda's Troubled Five-Year Development

Nice long article talking about the difficulties of bringing a big game to fruition.

In 2012, as work on Mass Effect 3 came to a close, a small group of top BioWare employees huddled to talk about the next entry in their epic sci-fi franchise. Their goal, they decided, was to make a game about exploration—one that would dig into the untapped potential of the first three games... Five years later, it’s hard to find anyone who’s ecstatic with the results.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Interesting article.

There's also some insight to be gained from a video that came out about a month ago from Extra Frames (a pseudo-spin-off of Extra Credits) which talked about the animation problems with Andromeda:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Very nice video on the animation process of conversations, thanks for sharing that, deo.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for sharing the article about the woes that plagued Andromeda's development.

An old internet friend somewhat randomly started chatting with me this past March after several months of us not really being in contact with each other. As part of our conversation, he said he was excited for the upcoming release of Andromeda. I'd not even heard of it before that. I thought the series ended with some finality in Mass Effect 3. (I've only ever played the first, and never quite finished it.)

So, as I said, I found it interesting to hear about Andromeda's long and troubled development. :Thmbsup: