topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:06 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ResizeEnable for windows 8.1  (Read 3202 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ResizeEnable for windows 8.1
« on: October 10, 2016, 02:23 AM »
this little application
http://www.digitallis.co.uk/

help me to see in a comfortable way almost any window. But in the windows 8.1 environment seems not go well.

Any alternative ?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ResizeEnable for windows 8.1
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 08:12 AM »
Tom

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 02:20 PM »
Presume you mean this one:
http://www.digitalli...izeEnable/index.html
With the name of the program you can't lose your way and can see another interesting program in that page : SplashKiller.

:-*

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 04:00 PM »
they can resize windows, but they have no window resizer.

The Resize state is turned on as soon as you start resizing a window with the mouse pointer opposing arrows cursor; i.e., hover the pointer over the border of the window until it turns into opposing arrows, then left-click on the window's border and (keeping the mouse button depressed) drag the border to its new size. Another way to resize a window is to activate its system menu and select there the Size command, then use the arrow keys to resize the window - finally pressing <Enter> to keep the selected size or <Esc> to cancel the changes. When you release the left mouse button or press one of the above-mentioned keys, Resize state is turned off. Actual Tools programs can automatically execute the following actions while resizing a window:

Aero Snap - toggle the Aero Snap sizing effects.
    Make Transparent - set the specified transparency level. The previous transparency level will be restored when the Resize operation is completed.
    Restrict Placement - deny resizing a window so it goes beyond the defined limits.
    Snap - place the dragged window's border with no gaps to desktop borders and other windows.

$$ http://www.actualtools.com/products/comparison/

As a not so funny fact, my task manager has a window resizer included. But it's a $50 task manager, not a window resizer...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:17 PM by Curt, Reason: sometimes less is more »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 02:59 AM »
they can resize windows, but they have no window resizer.

The Resize state is turned on as soon as you start resizing a window with the mouse pointer opposing arrows cursor; i.e., hover the pointer over the border of the window until it turns into opposing arrows, then left-click on the window's border and (keeping the mouse button depressed) drag the border to its new size. Another way to resize a window is to activate its system menu and select there the Size command, then use the arrow keys to resize the window - finally pressing <Enter> to keep the selected size or <Esc> to cancel the changes. When you release the left mouse button or press one of the above-mentioned keys, Resize state is turned off. Actual Tools programs can automatically execute the following actions while resizing a window:

Aero Snap - toggle the Aero Snap sizing effects.
    Make Transparent - set the specified transparency level. The previous transparency level will be restored when the Resize operation is completed.
    Restrict Placement - deny resizing a window so it goes beyond the defined limits.
    Snap - place the dragged window's border with no gaps to desktop borders and other windows.

$$ http://www.actualtools.com/products/comparison/

As a not so funny fact, my task manager has a window resizer included. But it's a $50 task manager, not a window resizer...

I'll take a good look Curt.
Best Regards