topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 11:03 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: WANTED: A Mac user who knows his way around Lazarus to compile something  (Read 5538 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am unable to compile something for use on a Mac, and I have need for a small utility to be compiled, for one of the guys on my work team...the only Mac user on my team. (The rest of the team already has access to a version I compiled for Windows.)

It's just a tiny little thing to help make his work faster & easier. Source is attached at end of this post.

It's just a URL builder, which takes a Bitbucket user name and opens the URL for that profile in the default browser.

Screenshot of Windows version:
Screenshot - 8_19_2016 , 3_34_06 AM.png

If you volunteer to do this, you'll have to compile it in Lazarus on a Mac, changing the fonts used in the memo & button to something that is actually on a Mac. I have no clue what fonts are on a Mac, other than Helvetica, so use your own discretion and choose something legible.

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Did you ever get a reply to this?  My recommendation would be to hit up the Lazarus forum.  A Mac user there contributed an iOS build of my Pastequick utility.

http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks, but it's no longer necessary. We were able to proceed with just us Windows users and the version I was able to compile. But I will keep this in mind, should I have a need in the future.