topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 7:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Zany Zinio  (Read 3558 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Zany Zinio
« on: February 23, 2016, 06:25 PM »
I am totally helpless with Apps on my Windows 8.0 Laptop.  All I am trying to do is read a magazine free from the library.  I downloaded the Zinio App and it is there, but every time I search the magazine I want and try to download it, it only wants to let me download yet another app that has an .apk extension.  Of course when I open it I get an Open With mess.

Anyone have a clue how to use this stuff?  Trying to read these magazines directly in a browser is totally useless.

Man I hate everything that happened after W7.  It is all designed to drive you nuts!

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Zany Zinio
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 06:32 PM »
... it only wants to let me download yet another app that has an .apk extension.

That's an Android application, I have the Zinio reader installed on one of our tablets for the local library emagazines.

I also had it installed on the PC at some time in the past, (before you required a MS account just to download it), from memory it was better just to go to the library and borrow the magazine.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 06:42 PM by 4wd »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Zany Zinio
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 08:16 PM »
... it only wants to let me download yet another app that has an .apk extension.

That's an Android application, I have the Zinio reader installed on one of our tablets for the local library emagazines.

I also had it installed on the PC at some time in the past, (before you required a MS account just to download it), from memory it was better just to go to the library and borrow the magazine.

Thanks for the info.  I'm not sure they have any hard copy periodicals anymore.  A lot of cutbacks in the Library system here.  I did see Scuba magazine.  I used to read diving mags when I was in high school.  But I only did snorkeling.  A real Scuba dive is tops on my bucket list now.  Especially since South Florida is one of the hot spots for diving.