topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:29 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Hyper Plan 50% off  (Read 7043 times)

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hyper Plan 50% off
« on: September 14, 2015, 01:57 PM »
No affiliation of any kind. 50% off soon on BdJ.

Don't remember seeing it before. I noticed it while browsing BdJ, seems something that would interest me at least, I am always looking for a planner or organizer that puts as much info in front of my eyes as possible. It's like organized post it notes. Now trialling (it's running ok on Wine) it.

hyper-plan-ujzfz.pngHyper Plan 50% off

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Hyper Plan 50% off
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 05:58 PM »
I like the simplicity of notecards for tracking tasks, so this looks like it might be a good fit for me.

Don't remember seeing it before.

According to the wayback machine on archive.org, it looks like it started availability last December.  According to a comment left by the vendor in a previous BDJ offer, they also develop "Perfect Table Plan" software (http://www.perfecttableplan.com/).  Perfect Table Plan looks like a rather specialized bit of software, but the website might give an indication of how well HyperPlan might be supported.  It's a good sign that several of the requests made in comments to the last BDJ offer for HyperPlan have apparently already been implemented - particularly clickable links in the notes.  Actually, the old comment stream on BDJ seems to be very favorable (and I think that BDJ is often a tough crowd), with the developer also being very engaged in the discussion.

I look forward to any opinions you might form - I'm not sure if I'll get much chance to try it out.  If it's any good, $20 for a per-user (limited to 5 machines, but cross PC/Mac) license would be a nice bargain.  But software like this is really sensitive to matching how one thinks and wants to move things around, so it's really impossible to know if it's a good fit without trying it out.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 03:03 AM »
Looks interesting
http://www.hyperplan.com/
http://www.hyperplan.com/tour.html

Full price is:
$40 / £25 / €33
Tom

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 11:54 AM »
For followup ... I did not end up buying, main reason is that I have so many scattered info managers and similar software that I would not be able to make good use of another one. Having said that I still really like it and my original thought (ie max amount of info viewable in one window) makes this very useful.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 05:57 PM »
It is going to be on BdJ again soon. Looking at its new version 2 there is lots to like. Might go for it this time.

sidenote
I often read outlinersoftware but never registered ... not sure if Andy, the Hyperplan developer, let out a secret or not but there he says BdJ take a 50% commission... wow (wow in my opinion at least)

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 07:59 PM »
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

rgdot

• Supporting Member