topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: MRDZ Co. Ltd. Presents: Login Manager  (Read 4942 times)

alfonso_rd_31

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
MRDZ Co. Ltd. Presents: Login Manager
« on: November 24, 2015, 07:07 PM »
uh, Hi... well, first message on this forum... and it is to show up one of my company's Programs...

Hello, my name is Alfonso Rodríguez, Mexican by trade of computing services... and I make computer programs in the old Multimedia Builder suite...  so, I'm trying to start making a small buck (considering a buck is like 16 of my local currency...) of it, and I present, my MRDZ Login Manager..

As anyone must know, logins are a bit confusing... especially in games... so, once I started helping guys with a certain game, I found out copy/pasting the login details of them from a note was hard to do... so I made this:

Screenshot - 24_11_2015 , 06_34_43 p.m..png

Now this small Login Manager was designed to quickly copy paste the log in infos used in a wide variety of environments and since it's completely portable it can be stored in a flash drive andonly connected when in use to provide a small kind of protection (I'm thinking on adding encryption to it but I honestly fear using it may actually damage the ease of use of the program...)

FEATURES
  • Up to 20 different sets of username/email / Password combinations
  • Uses a text file (*.txt) as an informatoion repository
  • Copy with a click
  • Portable, can be isolated on an usb drive / key
  • Small and mostly unobtrusive... you can even set it on top so you never lose it...!
  • Easy of use: click -> Move to the program / App you need the info on -> Paste on the Proper place -> Repeat

Of course, there are lots of things missing / still in development that will be done in the future, at least I hope...

SHORTCOMINGS / STUFF TO ADD

• Only 20 sets of credentials per Storage file
  • No Help file provided (working on making one)
  • No in house Storage file tool (In deveopment too...)
  • Storage files are not encrypted

PREVIEW IN DESKTOP

Screenshot - 24_11_2015 , 07_03_17 p.m..pngMRDZ Co. Ltd. Presents: Login Manager

Well, here it is....

https://mega.nz/#!cw...g22g5zM1mfQOTlNzce2w
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:13 PM by alfonso_rd_31 »

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: MRDZ Co. Ltd. Presents: Login Manager
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 01:48 AM »
uh, Hi... well, first message on this forum... and it is to show up one of my company's Programs...

You picked the right forum! :D

Hello, my name is Alfonso Rodríguez, Mexican by trade of computing services... and I make computer programs in the old Multimedia Builder suite...  so, I'm trying to start making a small buck (considering a buck is like 16 of my local currency...) of it, and I present, my MRDZ Login Manager..

You've not linked a web page. That's going to be a problem. You need one.

As for making a buck, you've picked a very hard market. Maybe you've got something special going on there, but the password manager market is fairly saturated, and not easy (been there - done that). Still, best of luck to you.

Just FYI - a fair number of people here are programmers, and understand how password managers work under-the-hood (myself included). Without a web site and some credibility, you'll have a hard time convincing people with a Mega web site link. Do go back and get that web site done. It's crucial.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

alfonso_rd_31

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: MRDZ Co. Ltd. Presents: Login Manager
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 12:35 AM »

You picked the right forum! :D

Of course I did... I have a couple of the Amazing Donation coder's tools set up in my PC (Laptop) so I know I'm in the right place

You've not linked a web page. That's going to be a problem. You need one.

As for making a buck, you've picked a very hard market. Maybe you've got something special going on there, but the password manager market is fairly saturated, and not easy (been there - done that). Still, best of luck to you.

Just FYI - a fair number of people here are programmers, and understand how password managers work under-the-hood (myself included). Without a web site and some credibility, you'll have a hard time convincing people with a Mega web site link. Do go back and get that web site done. It's crucial.

Thank you for the tip, I do have a Page, but so far was mostly focused on my old MUGEN works, so I guess I'll need to create another just to showcase my general purpose Programs, and I know the market is hard, in fact, I don't want to specialize in a kind of software my Work philosophy is:

I have a Problem (In this case: too many Friends' Login info in a certain game) so I fire up my Multimedia Builder and make a Program to solve that need, Fixing it constantly until I feel it's all but done (No program of mine is until now "Complete"... there are more things to fix, and I might find ways to optimize the action script...)

so again, thanks for the reply...