topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:41 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: GOTD XYPlorer Pro 15.90 [free]  (Read 5329 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
GOTD XYPlorer Pro 15.90 [free]
« on: November 06, 2015, 07:11 AM »
It seems like there is no time limit on install as long as the .gcd file is in the same folder when you run the setup.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Edit: I activated the program and it came up.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: GOTD XYPlorer Pro 15.90 [free]
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 03:14 PM »
Tom

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 06:23 PM »
Sure thing.  :)

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 04:50 AM »
Installed it, I'll be comparing it to Xplorer2 v1.x that I've been using licensed for several years. Lets see if I can spot the differences :D

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 07:17 AM »
Installed it, I'll be comparing it to Xplorer2 v1.x that I've been using licensed for several years. Lets see if I can spot the differences :D

From a write-up it seems to have a color coding scheme(off by default) that can be used to denote file types and even user defined groups.  That may make spotting things easier for me.  I haven't given it a workout yet.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 12:09 PM »
Keep in mind that there's a free version of XY that gets updated periodically: http://www.xyplorer.com/free.php

Of course it doesn't have all the features of Pro, but the ones it has are probably enough for many folks.

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 01:59 PM »
Keep in mind that there's a free version of XY that gets updated periodically: http://www.xyplorer.com/free.php

Of course it doesn't have all the features of Pro, but the ones it has are probably enough for many folks.
This page has a side by side listing of Pro and Free version features, with links to the online documentation for each so you can determine whether it is something you can't live without.  For example, Make Coffee is available only in the Pro edition.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 04:31 PM »
For example, Make Coffee is available only in the Pro edition.

I'm a basic user, but always really liked the "Portable File Associations™ / portable Openwith Menu™" (only with paid version) which allowed a portable customisable open with dialogue -- almost as good as coffee :D
Tom

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 02:48 PM »
I am starting to like this program.  I found an .ini file tweak "StartPathNewTab=1" which, when XYPlorer is set to replace Explorer as default file manager, will open folders launched by FolderCache via right click, in new tabs instead of overwriting the currently active tab.

Using FolderCache buttons like Side by Side still open Explorer.exe since it is run explicitly.  But the ones opened via right click in the FolderCache list or using the Open button should open using whatever is set as the default file manager.  XYPlorer loads pretty fast.  So even if it is not already open the delay is tolerable.

This way I can still use FolderCache but start to get away from doing everything in Explorer.