topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 12:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The stupid windows 10  (Read 12803 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The stupid windows 10
« on: August 22, 2015, 06:17 PM »
I have update to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and disable the UAC is not enough to run well the macros from my CRM
So, for me, the windows operating system is a stupid system.

Of course I know that in DC i can have the opportunity to replace a few goldmine macros with ahk macros, or even phrase express macros.

But I would like to know how to solve problems with "macros" and windows 10 anyway.

I am a serious addicted to my CRM . Not ready to any change. I don't want any changes really. If  I find a way to hack the windows register for my CRM i will remain in windows 10 . If not i will return to windows 8.1

I am not forever. So I will prefer eternal gratitude to the old scripts.

That will be my election.

Ahhhh the years passing by

:-*

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The stupid windows 10
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 03:53 AM »
Doesn't your story just confirm that Goldmine CRM isn't yet tested/updated for Windows 10? That should have probably been your first investigation, before taking the deep-dive into Win10...

For now I'd suggest to revert to your previous Windows (8.1), and wait for an official update of Goldmine to get Win10 compatiblity; the free upgrade to Win10 is available up-until July 2016 :up:

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 07:55 AM »
I cannot imagine Windows 10 itself should be the problem, Contro. It's more likely the settings in Win 10 that you need to test some more; there are quite many, but at first the right setting can be difficult to even find. Keep looking inside "Settings" and in the security programs!

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 09:17 AM »
...the free upgrade to Win10 is available up-until July 2016 :up:

Since Contro has already claimed his free upgrade, it's his to keep forever with no deadline on needing to reinstall it before a certain date.

As for Goldmine CRM, I found on this Goldmine blog the following post dated July 24, 2015:

GoldMine and Windows 10 - latest news from the authors

GoldMine's test for compatibility will start as soon as Windows 10 will be officially released. Compatibility testing will be done usually only on major releases, so for example GMPE 2015.2 or then in GMPE 2016.1 etc. They do not test compatibility on any hot fix releases. At this point they are very optimistic that it will be included on the compatibility matrix for GMPE 2015.2 (the fall release for GMPE) although this is no final confirmation.

Until then if you experience any issues (maybe in a test environment) of GMPE 2015.1 please go ahead and log an incident with us. Although we may say that it is currently not yet tested we will definitely try to replicate and if applicable log with our Development.

Wizard Systems are currently running the latest GoldMine on Windows 10 with a couple of Users so far without any issues.

Stay tuned for further news.

Looks like you may have to wait till the Fall patch, Contro.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 09:49 AM »
Since Contro has already claimed his free upgrade, it's his to keep forever with no deadline on needing to reinstall it before a certain date.

Surely he must first find & keep the license key?

Product key can easily be found by using NirSoft ProduKey: http://www.nirsoft.n...t_cd_key_viewer.html

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 10:27 AM »

Aparently not (dc link)
Tom

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 01:05 PM »
Doesn't your story just confirm that Goldmine CRM isn't yet tested/updated for Windows 10? That should have probably been your first investigation, before taking the deep-dive into Win10...

For now I'd suggest to revert to your previous Windows (8.1), and wait for an official update of Goldmine to get Win10 compatiblity; the free upgrade to Win10 is available up-until July 2016 :up:

Understood Ath.
I have returned with ease to windows 8.1
Takes me go to ten about one hour and a half with all ready.
And 20 minutes goes back

But I obtain an image before doing

The problem is with the UAC feature.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 01:09 PM »
I cannot imagine Windows 10 itself should be the problem, Contro. It's more likely the settings in Win 10 that you need to test some more; there are quite many, but at first the right setting can be difficult to even find. Keep looking inside "Settings" and in the security programs!

Sure Curt. You will do. I am not able. I have returned because after unable the UAC i can't execute the macros. It's a simple problem.

I modify the windows registry as i do in windows 8.1 but was not enough.

The program hangs all interaction. In the program and outside. Seem a blockage of the system. But when invoked the Task Manager we can continue.

:-\

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 01:16 PM »

As for Goldmine CRM, I found on this Goldmine blog the following post dated July 24, 2015:

GoldMine and Windows 10 - latest news from the authors

GoldMine's test for compatibility will start as soon as Windows 10 will be officially released. Compatibility testing will be done usually only on major releases, so for example GMPE 2015.2 or then in GMPE 2016.1 etc. They do not test compatibility on any hot fix releases. At this point they are very optimistic that it will be included on the compatibility matrix for GMPE 2015.2 (the fall release for GMPE) although this is no final confirmation.

Until then if you experience any issues (maybe in a test environment) of GMPE 2015.1 please go ahead and log an incident with us. Although we may say that it is currently not yet tested we will definitely try to replicate and if applicable log with our Development.

Wizard Systems are currently running the latest GoldMine on Windows 10 with a couple of Users so far without any issues.

Stay tuned for further news.

Looks like you may have to wait till the Fall patch, Contro.

It's a little more difficult for me.
But I suppose that the UAC features imposed by Microsoft affecting other old programs may be solved.
In this case seems another thing additionally i can't determine.

But I will try my very best in the next future to state the problem.

BTW . The experience going to ten was not good for me. Seems more slow the system in general. But the return was easy and fast.

I am a lover of dBASE files, not SQL. And i am not ready to change.
I will virtualize goldmine before going to SQL.
 :-[

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 01:20 PM »

Product key can easily be found by using NirSoft ProduKey: http://www.nirsoft.n...t_cd_key_viewer.html

Not necessary in the update. It's all automatic. I forgot to take an image before the update. But take one after the update and recently another one with my return.

I think meanwhile not change the pc is all the same to microsoft. I am a windows 10 user, i am a windows 8.1 user.....

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 01:23 PM »

Aparently not (dc link)

You're right Tomos
 :P

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 01:25 PM »

I think Goldmine is prepared.
I am a fan of my goldmine version. Of course i don't have the last one.
I have reverted to windows 8.1 and will wait for windows 13 for my goldmine.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 01:28 PM »
My question with windows 11 is this :

Can Microsoft sells that version is windows 10 have no cost ?
 :o

Is a gift or a necessary reaction to something, someone ?

Really in DC must be members that knows these answers.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 02:47 PM »
The update from Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 are free for the lifetime of the system, new systems will need a normal, bought, license. They will be included with new PC's like Win7/Win8.1 have been, but then they are not, and have never been, free! There will also be Systembuilder licenses for the home-building croud, just like previous Windows versions had.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 04:02 PM »

A little off topic, but it seems to me that the OS drives the dicussions. So this is what y'all are doing: upgrade (getting into low level glitches etc), then seeing what programs have been re-written for Win 10, or not. There are some thousand programs out there, so if the raw OS works, sounds like this story will repeat for various scenarios of each application program.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 06:03 PM »

Easy answer to that question. There will be no Windows 11. This will affect be the last version of Windows. It will evolve going forward and people can buy a license for Windows, but Windows is no longer a product. Going forward it is a service.

Oh, but how will Microsoft make money? By advertising and upselling other products as well as taking their cut from everything sold in the Windows Store. The money they made off of the OS mostly came from enterprises and the sale of new Windows devices anyway. Those revenue streams will remain unchanged.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 05:32 PM »

Easy answer to that question. There will be no Windows 11. This will affect be the last version of Windows. It will evolve going forward and people can buy a license for Windows, but Windows is no longer a product. Going forward it is a service.

Oh, but how will Microsoft make money? By advertising and upselling other products as well as taking their cut from everything sold in the Windows Store. The money they made off of the OS mostly came from enterprises and the sale of new Windows devices anyway. Those revenue streams will remain unchanged.

Sure.

The technique is not new. And have been criticized by Microsoft in the past.

I only criticized any company bigger than my townhall.

Money calls money going to less hands.

Who wants an operating systems doing everything ?

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2015, 06:01 PM »

"The people in charge of PlaysForSure and the Zune have been hired for the marketing of Windows 10."