topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:51 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Recommend image file renamer/renumberer for slide shows, please?  (Read 3348 times)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If you use Windows Photo Gallery, or IrfanView, or whatever image file viewer, it will present a series of images in the usual alphanumeric filename order.  Often I wouldn't want to do that, but to present a series in the logical order of telling a story, as it were.  Of course, you can easily rename images, but it's not quite so easy to rename a series and get the sequence right.

What I think I'd like is a program that presents a screen of thumbnails, or a bit bigger than thumbnails, and lets you drag and drop them into a visually pleasing order regardless of their current filenames, with, please, keyboard means of doing the same thing.  When they're ordered to one's satisfaction, press a button that would rename/renumber them by prepending numbers in the new sequence to their existing names.  That should make them play in the right order in any image viewer.  As a valuable refinement, the ability to click or press Enter on an image and have IrfanView or one's preferred image viewer present the image full size.

Is there such a thing, please?

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Not drag & drop, but goodfor bulk renaming.

http://www.bulkrenam...co.uk/Main_Intro.php

It supports regex.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FSViewer can do that.

http://www.faststone...FSViewerDownload.htm

- launch FSViewer.exe
- open your folder
- drag&drop
- select all and press F2
- rename e.g. as '### - *'
(three digit number - origin name.ext)

HTH?

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FSViewer can do that.
[...]
HTH?
Yesss!  ;D

I was thrown off by having a left-side box for adding files, where they're in standard Windows sort order, and a right-hand input list where they're in the order you've drag-and-dropped them.  Had to look twice at the input list.  Very useful feature.

Many thanks indeed!