topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: do you have some software to do this?  (Read 11355 times)

aparente001

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
do you have some software to do this?
« on: May 22, 2015, 08:30 AM »
I use gmail + thunderbird.  Suppose I have selected some messages, either with a filter or manually, and given them a label.  Now they are in a thunderbird folder.  I would like to automatically save in a file all the messages with that label (working in the browser) or all the messages in that folder (working in thunderbird).

As a longtime fan of Screenshot Captor, I checked the Donation Coder list of software and found your clipboard utility, and I think that will be an improvement over my current clipboard utility, Arsclip.  Arsclip is good but I have never figured out how to merge clips -- or maybe it doesn't have that feature.  I watched the CHS video tutorial and learned how to do that with CHS.  So I think I can live with this approach, but I wanted to check if there's another approach that would be more automated.

If not -- I think there would be a lot of demand for such a piece of software.

Thank you.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: do you have some software to do this?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 03:05 PM »
Arsclip is good but I have never figured out how to merge clips -- or maybe it doesn't have that feature.
-aparente001 (May 22, 2015, 08:30 AM)
You can merge clips with ArsClip, it just doesn't use the term "merge" to describe it.  Here's how:

1. Pop up the Clip List
2. Choose Pasting Tools > Paste Selected Text...
3. Mark the clips you want merged
4. Click the Paste button
5. Choose from Paste (direct) or Clipboard Only, both in either forward or reverse order.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: do you have some software to do this?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 07:25 PM »
You can merge clips in Clipboard Help and Spell too, just select the clips in CHS and choose Edit -> Merge.