topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Slur you're going to hate it.  (Read 5580 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Slur you're going to hate it.
« on: December 24, 2014, 10:47 PM »
And the cryptoanarchists come out Wikileaks style with a decentralised information marketplace...

http://slur.io

Slur
you're going to hate it.

Introducing Slur

Slur is an open source, decentralized and anonymous marketplace for the selling of secret information in exchange for bitcoin. Slur is written in C and operates over the Tor network with bitcoin transactions through libbitcoin. Both buyers and sellers are fully anonymous and there are no restrictions on the data that is auctioned. There is no charge to buy or sell on the Slur marketplace except in the case of a dispute, where a token sum is paid to volunteers.

The types of information we expect to see on the Slur marketplace ;

•   Trade secrets.
  •   Designs for every type of consumer product.
  •   The source code for proprietary operating systems and high end CAD software.
  •   Zero day exploits. For the market defined value rather than a price determined by the corporations under the guise of a bounty with the veiled threat of legal action should the researcher choose to sell elsewhere.
  •   The details of backdoors covertly installed inside industrial and consumer hardware and software.
  •   Stolen databases. Corporations will no longer be able to get away with an apology when they fail to secure their customers confidential data. They will have to pay the market value to suppress it.
  •   Proof of tax evasion from disgruntled or underpaid employees. Both the IRS and the public have an interest in that information and the corporations will have to bid to suppress it - a very quantifiable and predictable payoff for the seller.
  •   Military intelligence relevant to real-time conflicts.
  •   Aerospace and defense designs.
  •   Evidence relevant to ongoing trials.
  •   Unflattering celebrity photos and videos.
  •   The complete databases of social media sites like facebook.
  •   Proof of government corruption. Close to an election.

More at the link.

Get your popcorn. Leaks are about to get very real.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Slur you're going to hate it.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 01:13 AM »
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Period.

If true, this is going to do far more harm than good. Because 90% of the above is flat out irresponsible, harmful and ripe for abuse. And because it allows the opportunity to do it for no reason other than the money, there's no moral high-road it can possibly claim. It seems little more to me than the cyber equivalent of a crackhouse.

If even slightly successful, it will set the stage for the end of the Internet and personal computing as we know it. Because it plays right into government and industry hands. It will provide proof for their talking points about all the criminals and terrorists lurking on every corner of the web. And it will also clearly demonstrate why cryptocurrencies can no longer be tolerated. Because now there's finally a clear and undeniable link between Bitcoin and criminal activities on a large scale. (So long Bitcoin! We barely knew you.)

All it would take is one incident that so little as seriously inconvenienced everybody, and the general public would demand the government DO SOMETHING! And all the government would need to do is let it happen.

And never fear, "the powers that be" will most definitely do something. They've been quietly creating and installing the tools and mechanisms to "take decisive action" for the last twenty years. And they've been impatiently waiting for an excuse to really use them for at least the last ten.

Grab some popcorn? Dream on! I very much doubt it will be very entertaining for very long if things start to roll down that road.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 09:18 AM by 40hz, Reason: fixed grammar and readability »

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 06:01 AM »
Well, we'll see.

There's enough push back in Australia and Canada now to resist the censors. With the recent incidents there, people immediately spoke up saying, "Leave my bloody freedom alone!"

So, who knows? Most things will likely be low-key secrets from companies that nobody will care about.

I'm hoping for Area 51 leaks!

ALIENS!!! DISCLOSURE!!! :P ;D  :Thmbsup:

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 08:14 AM »

I'm hoping for Area 51 leaks!

ALIENS!!! DISCLOSURE!!! :P ;D  :Thmbsup:

LOL! Although it shames me to admit it, I'd very much like to see that too.

But I'd like it even more if weren't exactly "aliens." :P

The real truth about Area-51
tulu.jpg

;D

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 09:14 AM »
So they are using Tor?...That should be...pointless :P

http://pando.com/201...trol-of-his-servers/

Tonight there has been some unusual activity taking place and I have now lost control of all servers under the ISP and my account has been suspended. Having reviewed the last available information of the sensors, the chassis of the servers was opened and an unknown USB device was plugged in only 30-60 seconds before the connection was broken. From experience I know this trend of activity is similar to the protocol of sophisticated law enforcement who carry out a search and seizure of running servers.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 09:48 AM »
So they are using Tor?...That should be...pointless :P

http://pando.com/201...trol-of-his-servers/

Tonight there has been some unusual activity taking place and I have now lost control of all servers under the ISP and my account has been suspended. Having reviewed the last available information of the sensors, the chassis of the servers was opened and an unknown USB device was plugged in only 30-60 seconds before the connection was broken. From experience I know this trend of activity is similar to the protocol of sophisticated law enforcement who carry out a search and seizure of running servers.

Precisely. Unless they plan to implement it using constantly mobile radio "squirt" transmissions, they'll be traced fairly quickly. Especially since there will be global governmental and business cooperation to hunt them down. (Let's remember who built and still controls the backbone and most of the net shall we?) And squirt transmissions aren't practical for large amounts of data anyway.

Even having the servers in a non-cooperative country such as NK won't help. It will just be shut off from the rest of the net if that happens. (Backbone, remember?)

So what's left? ULF radio, like all the best nuclear submarine fleets currently use for attack orders? Hmm...expensive! It needs a significant investment in infrastructure to make it happen on a large scale basis. Unfortunately, ULF radio doesn't provide a lot of bandwidth. So it's also impractical for large amounts of data. Especially when it comes to bandwidth hogs like video, hi-rez photos, or other media files.

Besides, ULF is (for all practical purposes) a one-way street. The small ULF receivers can pretty much stay hidden. But everybody will shortly know where the large transmitter is located. Can you say drone attack? Or cruise missile? Because you'll see global governmental cooperation on a scale undreamt of hitherto. Almost every government has a lot to hide these days. The old saying that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" will never seem truer should all the big players feel threatened simultaneously.

And let's not forget that places like "Gitmo" are still very much in business despite all the recent hand-wringing and public shaming. Next time around, the governments of the world will simply be much more secretive about owning and operating such places. Especially since it doesn't take much in the way of resources to open one up - or staff it.

So yeah...what "secure" and "unblockable" technology are they gonna float this thing one? And how are they gonna handle what will happen once they kick that big hornet's nest.

"Enquiring minds want to know!"  :huh:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 10:08 AM by 40hz »

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 07:38 AM »
Sounds like Slur is pretty much done before the popcorn stopped popping. And it's very possible the 2 stories are related.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 07:54 AM »
Sounds like Slur is pretty much done before the popcorn stopped popping. And it's very possible the 2 stories are related.

Yes indeed. Sure looks like it's a very good possibility.

I'm guessing law enforcement had already paid a most unpleasant visit to the people behind it.

Even more frightening is that the Slur website is still up. Can you say "honeypot"??? ;)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 07:58 AM »
Estimated release isn't until well into 2015, so, don't pop any corn yet. Just have it ready. This could be very entertaining!

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 02:11 PM »
Estimated release isn't until well into 2015, so, don't pop any corn yet. Just have it ready. This could be very entertaining!

Yeah. Especially for the homeland security myrmidons. I'll bet they're just waiting to be let off the leash for this one. ;D

ss.png
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 09:12 AM by 40hz »