topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:28 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DONE: WinWarden - monitor windows and resize (and reposition) them  (Read 74839 times)

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
Re: DONE: WinWarden - monitor windows and resize (and reposition) them
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2006, 03:01 PM »
lanux128 said "i was hoping that maybe someone in this forum can create a similar software because my hunt for such a software on the internet has proved futile. there is one software that comes close but it can only maximize the windows not resize to a certain size. Here is the link: AutoSizer"

Actually, AutoSizer is now version 1.61 and you can set it to resize windows according to class. So once you have it set, any new folder will open using the dimensions you choose, not the default used in XP.
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2006, 07:25 PM »
that's good to hear, Nighted. but i'm very happy with WinWarden & it's engine - Autohotkey.. ;)

chinablue32uk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 07:40 PM »
would any of these progs help me ...my problem is yahoo messenger this is the only window i have a problem with no matter what i try it still opens offset ive dragged it to fit maximised minimised but still it opens up offset any help greatly appreciated

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 12:28 PM »
 :) Using AutoHotkey you could try this script:

;WinMove.ahk
WinWait, title_of_yahoo_messenger
Sleep, 1000
WinMove, title_of_yahoo_messenger, , 100, 100

It waits for yahoo messenger to appear (change it to match the windows' title),
waits a second for it to settle down (you may have to wait longer),
moves the window to 100x100.

Skrommel

chinablue32uk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 12:31 PM »
Sorry but how do i use the script im new to all this sort of thing

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 12:46 PM »
 :) Just download and install AutoHotkey from www.autohotkey.com.

Copy and paste the above script to Notepad, and save it as WinWait.ahk (to make shure it is saved with the proper suffix, enclose the name in "s, like in "WinWait.ahk", in Notepad's save dialog).

Just doubleclick on the saved file to run it. Welcome to the wonderful new world of AutoHotkey!

Skrommel
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:53 PM by skrommel »

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2007, 11:27 AM »
I was looking for something almost exactly like this, see https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=8157.0. WinWarden does almost want I want but there's some big glitches that I don't think I can live with.

I've got these two lines at the bottom of my INI file:

Creating    , *  ,,,,50%,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Maximizing  , *  ,,,,50%,   ,50%    ,,,,, ,,,,,,,Restore,

The intent is to prevent new windows from straddling the gap between my two monitors on a single large virtual display. I thought that whenever a new window is created, I'd move it just to the right of the edge, and whenever something is maximized, I'd make it cover the entire right half.

The big problem is that the "*" looks at literally every window. I don't see that it's ever useful to look at windows except those that have no parent. As it is, whenever I pull down a menu in certain programs, WinWarden grabs the menu window and moves it.

Secondly, it uses 100% CPU -- except when Firefox is running. WinWarden and Firefox seem to have a real personality clash. When they're both running, they seem to together share hogging the whole CPU.

Not knowing the AHK environment, is there anything that can be done to help these difficulties?

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2007, 11:05 PM »
hmm.. just noticed this post.. CWuestefeld, i think you need a solution that encompasses the whole desktop instead of a windows-specific program like WinWarden.

so i'd like to suggest jgpaiva's GridMove. btw, it also support multi-monitor.. :)

GridMove in action

melvynadam

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'd like to make a feature request for an addition to WinWarden.

I'd like to block the minimize feature of specified windows on creation.

Can this be added? Am I missing a current option which will allow me to do this already?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I answered your request in your other thread here: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=23250.0

tmpusr

• Joined in 2005
  • Instantiation stuck in meatspace with no backup
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2010, 11:00 PM »
I like the roll-up-when-not-inside feature that is in the ini as an example. I reduced the width of the outside-state caption to a few hundred, instead of the full width, so that you can have them stacked on the left side of the screen, and when you hover, it pops up. I'd like to have the same happen as expected at all screen edges which means that it rolls up instead of down for captions placed on the bottom edge, and on the right edge ... etc.

It's a great feature but I ran into a snag. Is it possible to make it work as you'd expect it to with e.g. Notepad? When you open a Find dialog, the Notepad window underneath, not having the cursor on it, rolls up, which it obviously shouldn't. Can you do "don't roll up if the window is active even if the cursor leaves it but only if clicked outside"? That would make sense.

How do I increase the delay after which it rolls up when the cursor has left the window?

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 11:03 PM by tmpusr »

mateek

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • NewPray.com - A description of a broken window for world peace, law proposals, prophecy explanations, conspiracies, and more.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2015, 12:41 AM »
I love this little handy program but it's now taking about 4% of my CPU in Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro.  I just wrote a batch that will taskkill it after two minutes, since I just use it to set my startup windows and don't need it after.  I'm just writing to try and inspire an update.  With the deeper configuration possibilities than the other One-Hour's this program gets my vote for high priority.  Thanks again.
Stop war, change U.S. Politics, Kabbalah, my case modding, etc: My Website.