topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:46 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Remote Desktop for Kindle  (Read 2168 times)

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Remote Desktop for Kindle
« on: October 26, 2014, 08:13 PM »
Can anyone recommend a standard RDP app that is available in the Kindle store?  I'm trying to find a good one for my wife to access her work PC from her new Kindle.

I say a standard app, meaning not one that uses an intermediary server like LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.  I don't think the IT staff wants her installing anything on her PC so that precludes a whole class of remote access apps.  I've installed the Sonicwall app on her Kindle so she has access to the corporate network, and she gets in from home using RDP so she's used to that.

I installed the 2X app and the AccessToGo app to try out. Both work, but both seem a little more awkward than they should.  I have the Microsoft RD client on my Nexus 7, and I think it works pretty well, but that does not appear to be available from the Kindle store.

I also bought the Xtralogic client a few years ago, so I tried that from my Nexus and found it terribly unintuitive. The price is up to $15us now too, so I won't be putting that on.

Any thoughts? I'm not opposed to spending a little on a good app that works as it should, although one with a free trial would be nice. So far AccessToGo wins, but I hope that's because I haven't tried whatever you will recommend...

PS- I have a bluetooth keyboard on order for her too, I think the on screen keyboard would push her over the brink on a 7" tablet!  :P
vi vi vi - editor of the beast