topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:58 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: TrueCrypt is Now Abandonware?!  (Read 47702 times)

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: TrueCrypt is Now Abandonware?!
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2014, 12:38 AM »
One cool thing about DC is we have fewer but longer threads here. I get a lot of the early news from Slashdot but I never go back more than a day or two for older threads. Instead, here, however Mouser did it, we don't have nearly as many trolls, so longer threads get to develop and mature.

I have just given out a couple more of my Mouser Bucks recently. Slowly but steadily, DC is overtaking /. as my favorite site to visit! : )

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2014, 06:56 AM »
My guess is that if the message is real, any discrepancies with proper Latin grammar, etc., can be relatively safely attributed to the difficulty in creating an English sentence to properly fit.

Certainly. But also remember that these people are cryptographers. I don't think getting it to work using a real Latin sentence would have been much of a challenge for them.

Maybe not much of a challenge on the surface.  The challenge is in doing so in a way that our Neighborhood Shopping Allies can't prove it was done intentionally.  Thus mistakes.

Proof? Since when was proof required for anything with these people? They maintain they don't even have to show you (or a court) the text of the law they claim you've broken. "Have waterboard - will travel!"

(That's N-Sic that comes in at the end btw. 8))

:P
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 07:11 AM by 40hz »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2014, 09:49 AM »
Proof? Since when was proof required for anything with these people? They maintain they don't even have to show you (or a court) the text of the law they claim you've broken. "Have waterboard - will travel!"

Well, yes, there is that.  But as the Lavabit guy showed, you can at least make it hard on them.

rxantos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2014, 09:21 PM »
My first question would be:
How much money are the true crypt developers getting to shutdown true crypt and sway people into Bit locker on an operating system that is knowingly compromised by the US government since 1995?

But then again, I am cynical nowadays.

famewolf

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2014, 12:14 PM »
You folks might want to look into "Veracrypt" which is a fork of truecrypt that was done to provide stronger encryption protection.

http://www.esecurity...ypt-alternative.html