topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:27 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Interesting Program...  (Read 5938 times)

kfitting

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Interesting Program...
« on: June 08, 2005, 09:08 AM »
Just found this program (have not tried it yet) called Stick (http://iwonderdesigns.com/stick/).  Its a freeware app that appears (at first glance) to have some interesting features.  One of the fetaures is this:

"Quick Launcher Hit the Windows key and the space bar together and you'll see the application launcher. Just start typing the name of the application you want and the program will start listing matches. The more you use it, the smarter it gets."

You may want to add this program into the list of alternatives.  The program also has a lot of other things that some may consider bloat so FindRun still definitely has a place, but stick is worth a look.

Kevin

dtrud0h

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Rant-Zone
    • Donate to Member
Re: Interesting Program...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 09:20 AM »
That is a nice program mouser, I have used it in the past.  I stopped using quite some time ago due to it's memory usage which at the time was quite high for the machine I was running it on.  It has many nice faatures that you'll quickly get used to and then miss when they're not there.  I don't know how it's been updated since I gave it up as to the way it hogs memory.  Maybe I'll give it another shot as it has been about three years and I've also upgraded my memory since then.  Thanks for the link.
<- I have nothing witty to put here ->

kfitting

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Interesting Program...
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 09:22 AM »
Just tried it and it keeps crashing when it finds there is no internet connection... it keeps trying to bring up outlook.  It still looks interesting but I'll have to see what it's like at home where the networks arent quite so secure (or in this case non-existent).

Kevin