topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Screenshot on alarm  (Read 13222 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Screenshot on alarm
« on: January 19, 2014, 09:50 AM »
I would like a script able to capture the screen when a warning window open or an error window

Is it possible ?

Best Regards
 :-*

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Screenshot on alarm
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 10:21 AM »
I think is not possible. Because a question of time to react.
I think remember that Mouser told me is not possible to capture that alarm or warning window.
I have searched the web but only find programs to interval screenshots captures.

:-[

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 11:53 AM »
You might be able to use Sikuli if you can get it to recognize the warning and/or error icons in dialog boxes.

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 09:28 AM »
Well, if you know the title,class or ID of the warning window it might be possible. I can look into making an app that will sit in the system tray and look for specific IDs,Classes and Window titles and then when it see's that window take a screen shot of it. Did you want the whole full screen window or just the window with the error/warning?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 12:15 PM »
Most dialogs will have class #32770.  That's probably the impetus for Sikuli.  The inability to get info the conventional way. In fact it works by you supplying a capture of the image to recognize.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 12:17 PM »
Well, if you know the title,class or ID of the warning window it might be possible. I can look into making an app that will sit in the system tray and look for specific IDs,Classes and Window titles and then when it see's that window take a screen shot of it. Did you want the whole full screen window or just the window with the error/warning?
Only all the windows. And work reverse. Able to see the title, class or ID of the window. so we can select if logs those windows.
that is : Initially logs every windows when appear, but configurable to don't consider the windows out of interest.

May be possible ?

Best Regards

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 12:19 PM »
Most dialogs will have class #32770.  That's probably the impetus for Sikuli.  The inability to get info the conventional way. In fact it works by you supplying a capture of the image to recognize.
I think you are talking about OCR possibilities. Image Recognition.
But why not with a screenshot. Then is when I remember Mouser and the time to react and capture that window !!!!!
 :P

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 12:21 PM »
You might be able to use Sikuli if you can get it to recognize the warning and/or error icons in dialog boxes.

the problem Miles is that you treat me like a programmer. So..... I am studying javascript now. But only a little. My problem is lack of memory. I see in the basis all languages are the same. But so many commands and operators.......and more.....

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 12:30 PM »
Hmm, maybe. In order to do something like that, the windows would have to currently be active to take a screen shot and not have another window covering it. So the app would have to cycle through all of the open windows and activate them one at a time to take a screenshot. The window would also have to remain open and active for at least 2-3 seconds.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 12:36 PM »
Hmm, maybe. In order to do something like that, the windows would have to currently be active to take a screen shot and not have another window covering it. So the app would have to cycle through all of the open windows and activate them one at a time to take a screenshot. The window would also have to remain open and active for at least 2-3 seconds.

I think so too. I remember when i consult Mouser was a ghost window.
so :
Sikuli (miles) for any window
Software (c.gingerich) for non ghost windows.

The window i desire to capture is not a ghost window.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 02:44 PM »
I think you would have a better idea if you read through the Hello World example for Sikuli:
http://doc.sikuli.or.../helloworld-win.html

As you can see Click() is told what to click by a small image capture.  In this example it is the Windows Start Button.  But if you can get screen shots of the error dialogs, say the stop sign or yellow triangle for warnings would it not work for those?  The whole idea is to use it when conventional window identification fails or is very difficult.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 05:39 PM »
I think you would have a better idea if you read through the Hello World example for Sikuli:
http://doc.sikuli.or.../helloworld-win.html

As you can see Click() is told what to click by a small image capture.  In this example it is the Windows Start Button.  But if you can get screen shots of the error dialogs, say the stop sign or yellow triangle for warnings would it not work for those?  The whole idea is to use it when conventional window identification fails or is very difficult.

But Miles. Now i am reading javascript : An eye on events.

I think if is not a flashing window (ghost window) can be capture by many other scripting languages. No necessary to use another one.
Oh mi cabecita......
 :tellme:

Do you know if Screenshot Captor has this ability to capture a warning window when appear ?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 11:03 PM »
I have finished the first read of javascript basic tutorial.
What i need is not create a program to manage a web page.
It's not one of my web-pages what i want to control now.
So, anyone ready to help have to know is an external web page.
 :P

and of course the problem may be general. control any external window. Because I window we expect or have created by ourselves is more easy to control i supose.

best Regards

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 06:45 AM »
For just the screen capture, I don't think you need that.  Sikuli has a Screen class with capture method.  It can capture interactively(user selects a region) or automatically(x,y,w,h region is captured.. e.g. the entire screen)

It may also handle multi-monitors.. but I'm not sure the depth of support for them.

http://doc.sikuli.or...n.html#Screen.Screen

Edit:  so the basic plan would be
get captures of the warning and error dialogs.

Use Wait(image) to wait for the dialog to pop up
use Screen to take the desktop capture

-----

I'm assuming you may run more than one script at a time so one should wait for the warning graphic, the other wait for the error graphic.  Seems very intuitive since you don't have to resort to Python just for captures.  Just use the built in functions.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 08:39 AM »
How do you do ?
Then is possible this app.
Perhaps the best way is indicate what windows are not interesting and assure the windows we have to control.
Or any other similar way.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 08:56 AM »
All these years I have the same problem when executing the spanish version of dBASE 5.0 for DOS from borland.

Edited : sorry this post don't go here.
I will correct in the future to link to the correct one.
Best Regards
https://www.donation...n=post;topic=37062.0
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:02 AM by Contro »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 06:39 PM »
I am taking a look at javascript, DOM, COM,.......
so many information i can't memorize or simply locate