topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: OntopReplica  (Read 12446 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
OntopReplica
« on: January 12, 2014, 12:42 PM »
This is an interesting application for maintain onsight a video or any other image window.
Now i have under control malwarebytes window in the week revision of malwares.
But we can use too for seeing videos while doing other things.
Look like this :
See the screenshot under these lines.

But fails to me often. I don't know why. Sometimes don't obey me and the video don't appear.
It's easy to program ?
There is other alternatives ?

Best Regards

Sorry : I miss the link to the OnTopReplica programa
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:52 PM by Contro »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: OntopReplica
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 12:52 PM »
I am trying too the non portable version. Even admits two or more executions. So I can have miniatures continually under supervision.
I am reconsidering
 :-*

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 12:55 PM »
 ;D
I find looking for the window on top utility. But seems very interesting
 :P

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 03:10 PM »
Do you mean, a utility that forces a particular window to stay on top, whatever else is running?  If so, there are lots of those.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 08:36 PM »
My favorite is Filebox Extender, which does a lot more useful things than just let you toggle topmost on/off.  ;)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 02:18 PM »
Do you mean, a utility that forces a particular window to stay on top, whatever else is running?  If so, there are lots of those.

I haven't tried my TopmostToggle on Windows 8 yet.  But I expect it would work on the Desktop side for desktop type windows.  It's a very simple tray hotkey.  Make a window active.  Hit the hotkey.  A small tooltip shows if you toggled stay on top On or Off.

Edit: but if you want additional features, such as altering the window frame of application windows or folders, there are plenty of alternatives.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 03:42 PM »
The OP didn't include a link for OnTopReplica.  If it's this one, then it doesn't seem to be a conventional "pin window on top" application.  If I read it correctly, it's more like a kind of screenshot application that keeps a copy of a window permanently visible on top.  Something like what you could do with a screenshot made into a sticky note.

@Contro: is that what you mean?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 04:16 PM »
Do you mean, a utility that forces a particular window to stay on top, whatever else is running?  If so, there are lots of those.

This is not exactly that one. this if for maintain on top a mini-window where you can do other things like see tv or a video, or monitoring a task, while you are doing another things on the desktop.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 04:20 PM »
My favorite is Filebox Extender, which does a lot more useful things than just let you toggle topmost on/off.  ;)
ye i am using filebox eXtender several years from windows xp (now in seven).
But it's not the same that ontopReplica. and another tip :  OntopReplica is multi-instances . So you can monitoring Malwarebytes while you are watching a movie , and doing real work in the desktop.
the problem is, that sometimes fails me. But if is not alternative is good superb then.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 04:21 PM »

I haven't tried my TopmostToggle on Windows 8 yet.  But I expect it would work on the Desktop side for desktop type windows.  It's a very simple tray hotkey.  Make a window active.  Hit the hotkey.  A small tooltip shows if you toggled stay on top On or Off.

Edit: but if you want additional features, such as altering the window frame of application windows or folders, there are plenty of alternatives.

let me try on 7

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 04:28 PM »
this if for maintain on top a mini-window where you can do other things like see tv or a video, or monitoring a task, while you are doing another things on the desktop.
Could you do the same thing by tiling your applications?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 04:49 PM »
Miles perhaps you can do something in this thread :

https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=36996.0

The aim is explicitely to gain speed in the operation of toggle on or off the working window. So I need a script to maintain in top the window while I need to launch links withour loose the focus in the present window or working window. And I need a message to indicate what window is on top in my pc. I can use for this purpose an area in the right of my screen.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 04:50 PM »
The OP didn't include a link for OnTopReplica.  If it's this one, then it doesn't seem to be a conventional "pin window on top" application.  If I read it correctly, it's more like a kind of screenshot application that keeps a copy of a window permanently visible on top.  Something like what you could do with a screenshot made into a sticky note.

@Contro: is that what you mean?

"Mea culpa" in latin language.  You are right.
Running to put the link
 :-[

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 04:55 PM »
this if for maintain on top a mini-window where you can do other things like see tv or a video, or monitoring a task, while you are doing another things on the desktop.
Could you do the same thing by tiling your applications?

Not exactly. Replica gives the opportunity to call quickly the video or the task your are monitoring.

In seven I have constantly available a little zone on the right of the screen for these purposes. Really was because i want to have monitoring the windows seven clock and calendar anda use of the processor, like appear in the screenshot of the beginning

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 10:51 PM »
@rjbull: pointed me at this link, from a discussion in another thread:
a proggy that enabled you to make little screens from different concurrently running programs/videos - and you could resize and drag each little screen to somewhere you wanted and they could all stay on top.
I'm sorry I didn't make a note of it [...]
Maybe Contro found it - see his thread - OntopReplica?
:Thmbsup:  Thankyou, I had completely missed that in the thread. That looks to be exactly the one I was talking about.

Just wanted to say that OnTopReplica (FREE) looks like a very useful proggy, and I have downloaded it and am trialling it now:
https://ontopreplica.codeplex.com/
Features of current version (v3.4):
    Clone any of your windows and keep it always on top while working with other windows,
    Select a subregion of the cloned window:
        Store the selected subregions for future use,
        Now with relative subregions from the window's borders.
    Auto-resizing (fit the original window, half, quarter and fullscreen mode),
    Position lock on the screen's corners,
    Adjustable opacity,
    "Click forwarding" allows to interact with the cloned window,
    "Click-through" allows to click through the cloned thumbnail (especially useful with partial opacity),
    "Group switch" mode automatically switches through a group of windows while you use them,
    Non invasive installation doesn't require administrator elevation.

Last edited Nov 29, 2012 at 4:48 PM by Lck, version 12

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 11:04 AM »
Yes IainB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think is specially useful when you are between two or more worlds in the pc ....... you are looking at the same time.......