ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

OntopReplica

<< < (2/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
Do you mean, a utility that forces a particular window to stay on top, whatever else is running?  If so, there are lots of those.
-rjbull (January 12, 2014, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't tried my TopmostToggle on Windows 8 yet.  But I expect it would work on the Desktop side for desktop type windows.  It's a very simple tray hotkey.  Make a window active.  Hit the hotkey.  A small tooltip shows if you toggled stay on top On or Off.

Edit: but if you want additional features, such as altering the window frame of application windows or folders, there are plenty of alternatives.

rjbull:
The OP didn't include a link for OnTopReplica.  If it's this one, then it doesn't seem to be a conventional "pin window on top" application.  If I read it correctly, it's more like a kind of screenshot application that keeps a copy of a window permanently visible on top.  Something like what you could do with a screenshot made into a sticky note.

@Contro: is that what you mean?

Contro:
Do you mean, a utility that forces a particular window to stay on top, whatever else is running?  If so, there are lots of those.
--- End quote ---

This is not exactly that one. this if for maintain on top a mini-window where you can do other things like see tv or a video, or monitoring a task, while you are doing another things on the desktop.
 :-*

Contro:
My favorite is Filebox Extender, which does a lot more useful things than just let you toggle topmost on/off.  ;)
-app103 (January 12, 2014, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
ye i am using filebox eXtender several years from windows xp (now in seven).
But it's not the same that ontopReplica. and another tip :  OntopReplica is multi-instances . So you can monitoring Malwarebytes while you are watching a movie , and doing real work in the desktop.
the problem is, that sometimes fails me. But if is not alternative is good superb then.

Contro:
Do you mean, a utility that forces a particular window to stay on top, whatever else is running?  If so, there are lots of those.
--- End quote ---

I haven't tried my TopmostToggle on Windows 8 yet.  But I expect it would work on the Desktop side for desktop type windows.  It's a very simple tray hotkey.  Make a window active.  Hit the hotkey.  A small tooltip shows if you toggled stay on top On or Off.

Edit: but if you want additional features, such as altering the window frame of application windows or folders, there are plenty of alternatives.

-MilesAhead (January 13, 2014, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

let me try on 7

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version