topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 6:55 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: NANY RELEASE: [PLUGIN] Growl For Windows Forwarder: Pushover  (Read 16105 times)

kamahl

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
NANY RELEASE: [PLUGIN] Growl For Windows Forwarder: Pushover
« on: December 30, 2013, 11:15 PM »
Application NamePushover Forwarder
Version1.0
Short DescriptionForwards Growl for Windows notifications through the Pushover mobile app.
Download linkDirect Install (Manual install)
Supported OSSee Growl for Windows; Pushover requirements.

Yep. Last minute.  
Plugin for Growl for Windows, forwards notifications to Pushover.  
(Existing plugins forward to either Android OR iOS. Pushover is the only service that goes to both my phone, and iPad.   Also IFFT uses it, which is awesome.)

Install here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:27 AM by kamahl »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY Preview: [PLUGIN] Growl For Windows Forwarder: Pushover
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 12:16 AM »
I'm a huge fan of Growl for Windows (and have included support for it on a few of my own apps).   :Thmbsup:

kamahl

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY RELEASE: [PLUGIN] Growl For Windows Forwarder: Pushover
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 12:34 AM »
Updated to 1.0, and added support for Notification Priority.

Note that for the moment, the app API Key I'm using has a limit of 7,500 calls per month.  They say they're willing to bump that for Open Source projects, and have done so for the OSX Growl one.  But for the moment, I've got a limit.

I'm a huge fan of Growl for Windows (and have included support for it on a few of my own apps).   :Thmbsup:

As am/have I. 

And while existing solution did work for me, I disliked having two notification apps on my phone, one for Growl, one for IFFT. So this happened.  On new years eve; when I realized "Oh hey! I haven't done anything for NANY yet".

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 07:24 AM »
Cool app, kamahl!  :up:

jeromg

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 07:29 AM »
This is great Kahmal, thanks! I'm not a Growl for Windows user yet though but it made me aware of pushover which I didn't know before.

By the way, Growl for Windows seems to be stale (or even plain dead) from what I can see on the website, is this just me?

Cheers  /jerome

kamahl

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 09:10 AM »
This is great Kahmal, thanks! I'm not a Growl for Windows user yet though but it made me aware of pushover which I didn't know before.

By the way, Growl for Windows seems to be stale (or even plain dead) from what I can see on the website, is this just me?

Cheers  /jerome
It's still active, however it's slightly hard to notice from the surface. Most of the new features (Even those from the main developer) are implemented through plugins.
The third party applications page unfortunately doesn't seem to be maintained anymore (Partially due to the sudden influx of cross-platform apps once Growl [for Mac] implemented the GNTP protocol), but honestly as long as developers keep supporting growl, the core app doesn't need to change.

EDIT:
Growl is still being developed. There have not been any updates for quite awhile, but Windows 8 is the next big item on the list. I have a dev version that can show Growl notifications using the built-in toast notifications, but I am working on trying to capture other apps’ notifications to funnel through Growl as well.
So yeah, it's still being worked on.

Jessse Green

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 01:39 AM »
Awesome developer, emailed about a bug and we had it fixed within an hour or two. Thanks!! Been waiting for this hookup forever. If only growl had nicer theme options like Snarl.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:45 AM by Jessse Green »