topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: So, about wallpaper changers...  (Read 19996 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: So, about wallpaper changers...
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2013, 09:53 AM »
I have an idea. How about a naming contest?  The winner gets a free DonationCoder Flannel Shirt.  :)

ConstanceJill

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2013, 01:15 PM »
Hello people :]

1) is it possible to add the option "Fit"? This reduces larger images to screen size - but doesnt enlarge anything.
(The Windows 7 options are Fill / Fit / Stretch / Tile / Center.)
Windows 7's Fit option does enlarge pictures which are smaller than the desktop, and that's exactly what the Scale option does in this program.

2) would it be possible to change the browse dialogue, to an open file type one. More info here:[…]
Even with the additional info I don't quite get the point, but I shall let skwire decide about it.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2013, 01:20 PM »
Thank you, tomos, MilesAhead, rgdot, Shades, and Cranio for your naming suggestions.  And thank you, 4wd, for yours, which made me literally laugh out loud.  That was one for the ages.   :Thmbsup:

1) is it possible to add the option "Fit"? This reduces larger images to screen size - but doesnt enlarge anything.
(The Windows 7 options are Fill / Fit / Stretch / Tile / Center.)

How does Fit differ from the Scale option already in the app?  If I choose an image smaller than my screen resolution, and have Windows apply it using the Fit option, the image is enlarged.

2) would it be possible to change the browse dialogue, to an open file type one. More info here:

It doesn't appear this is possibly natively in AHK.  All the workarounds I found are inelegant hacks, too.  In my dev build, I changed it so the folder dialog opens at the last chosen folder, though.  Maybe that will help.

3) I'm wondering would it be possible to disable a folder rather than have to delete it. If #2 above is implementable, this would not be of such big interest :-)

In my dev build, I've changed it so you can now check/uncheck entries in the listview.  That is, only checked rows will be evaluated for images.  Also, after the image list is compiled, the application does remove duplicate images from its internal list.  Here's the latest look:

2013-12-26_131643.pngSo, about wallpaper changers...

Download (should be at least build #36)
http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/swallswitcher/sWallSwitcher.zip

Please go here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=36876.0
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 09:04 PM by skwire »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2013, 01:43 PM »
Windows 7's Fit option does enlarge pictures which are smaller than the desktop, and that's exactly what the Scale option does in this program.

How does Fit differ from the Scale option already in the app?  If I choose an image smaller than my screen resolution, and have Windows apply it using the Fit option, the image is enlarged.
-
sorry for the confusion people:
The option I wanted doesnt seem to exist at all for windows: Dont enlarge, but reduce if necessary.
Oh well...

Many thanks for the other options Skwire - will make it easier to change things.
Tom

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2013, 01:49 PM »
The option I wanted doesnt seem to exist at all for windows: Dont enlarge, but reduce if necessary.

Ah, that makes more sense: Scale only larger images

Let me see what I can do.   :D

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2013, 09:00 PM »
I've rechristened this app "Spews" and have released it as a NANY submission here:  https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=36876.0

Please refer any future posts to that thread as I'm going to lock this one.  Thank you!