topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 10:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Newly activated licence key on multi user XP  (Read 13768 times)

Happy Expat

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Newly activated licence key on multi user XP
« on: November 16, 2013, 08:40 AM »
WIN XP(SP3) 32 bit - Multi User 4 family members and the Administrator account
Hi there,
Just downloaded my first licence key (for use with LBC). I am trying LBC on my own personal user account and also on the administrator account. I noticed that the activated key was stored in the Program folder and also in the APPDATA folder for the user account in which I first activated the key. As a precaution I cut&pasted the key into a Wordpad file.
When I go into the Administrator account:-
1) Will I be asked to activate another key for that user account in order that the kay is also stored in the appropriate APPDATA folder?
2) If another key activation is requested, should I use the copy or grab a supplementary key.
If you're thinking of trying something make sure you do it at least twice - then you're almost an expert

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: Newly activated licence key on multi user XP
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 02:03 PM »
Ok first things first -- you can use the same license key from us on multiple accounts and pcs.  So if you have a home pc, laptop pc, etc.  You can use the same license key (or different ones if you prefer).

Ok now regarding where license keys are stored.  On win XP the license key will go in program files directory.  And in all cases to AppData.  On vista and later, it might be that the license key registered for one user account will have to be put in again if logged in as another user.

More importantly is the question about whether the same configuration directory should be shared by multiple accounts on XP.  If you do not want this on XP you will have to edit the configdir.ini file in the program file directory to tell it to use the USERS documents area for saving settings.

Happy Expat

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Newly activated licence key on multi user XP
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 02:17 AM »
Understood, thanks
If you're thinking of trying something make sure you do it at least twice - then you're almost an expert