topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: delete some space in every page of a pdf file  (Read 5339 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
delete some space in every page of a pdf file
« on: October 22, 2013, 11:51 AM »
suppose You have an image PDF and you want to elliminate the the first inch from the top in every page.

how can you do that .

What are the best software for that, even in the case there are exceptions (not every page) or more features.

Best Regards
 :-*

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: delete some space in every page of a pdf file
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 01:02 PM »
I'm guessing maybe no one else tried to do this before, but that perhaps an app could be written that could do something like "take a screenshot of the pdf, slice off your top, and re-save it to a second PDF."

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 01:25 PM »
Good idea, but perhaps is better something preexisting

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 01:38 PM »
Hi Contro - did you not ask this question before?

Doesnt sound to me like it would be worth the effort...
Tom

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 02:09 PM »

It would be if that top isn't blank!

For example you want to use an exhibit but the top has one of those "headers" that contains proprietary/regulated content, the same question would strip off that header and then the rest of the PDF is fine.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 03:33 PM »

good point - in fact I think the query it reminded me of was to do with removing blank space in a pdf...
Tom

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 06:51 PM »

good point - in fact I think the query it reminded me of was to do with removing blank space in a pdf...

I think I have made similar questions but not this.
Is not edit.
I have searchable pdf mounted with heading or footers. Sometimes I want to remove.
Or despersonalized. Are differents, so image pdf is the starting point because the interest is remove by position or region.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:04 PM by Contro »

peter.s

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 04:20 PM »
Contro, you're always asking for some, more or less dedicated, tool. Now you must start to get acquainted with the idea, I think, that there will be no other way than to lern a scripting language, like AHK, AI or one of the paid ones, and then script your own "tools", which might imply some 10 or 25 lines (not counting the braces, in AHK).

There is a decisive difference between cheap, bad macro tools, and the better ones (even macro tools costing 40, 50, 50 dollars are valid contenders here): The better ones (and all the scripting languages, of course) permit the analysis of what formerly you brought into the clipboard, then the script, by control-c. So wherever you are able to do such a copy of text parts (and of course the selection of text, beforehand), script languages, or the better ones of the macro tools, can check for the content, and act accordingly to this content, i.e. to elements of it, in the way of "if whole string contains abc, then do x, else if it contains bcd, then do y", and so on.

There is a lot of fun in running such little scriptlets, since you become aware you are able of "programming": It's very satisfying to see the computer do things for you, at last, instead of just using it, "manually", in a kind of "typewriter" setting, not getting out of it anything else than more erudite third parties set it up to do for you.

Then, you could publish 25 lines of script here, complaining, but it doesn't do this or that yet, and people who do such a script in 8 minutes, would be happy to guide you to the tiny element you will have overlooked.

And a last word. Many people here ain't "native (English) speakers", but we all try to learn from the native speakers' (presumed) correct English, and that's why most non-native speakers here would not write something like "Is not edit." in their 1,525th post anymore.
When the wise points to the moon, the moron just looks at his pointer. China.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 07:14 PM »
Contro, you're always asking for some, more or less dedicated, tool. Now you must start to get acquainted with the idea, I think, that there will be no other way than to lern a scripting language, like AHK, AI or one of the paid ones, and then script your own "tools", which might imply some 10 or 25 lines (not counting the braces, in AHK).

There is a decisive difference between cheap, bad macro tools, and the better ones (even macro tools costing 40, 50, 50 dollars are valid contenders here): The better ones (and all the scripting languages, of course) permit the analysis of what formerly you brought into the clipboard, then the script, by control-c. So wherever you are able to do such a copy of text parts (and of course the selection of text, beforehand), script languages, or the better ones of the macro tools, can check for the content, and act accordingly to this content, i.e. to elements of it, in the way of "if whole string contains abc, then do x, else if it contains bcd, then do y", and so on.

There is a lot of fun in running such little scriptlets, since you become aware you are able of "programming": It's very satisfying to see the computer do things for you, at last, instead of just using it, "manually", in a kind of "typewriter" setting, not getting out of it anything else than more erudite third parties set it up to do for you.

Then, you could publish 25 lines of script here, complaining, but it doesn't do this or that yet, and people who do such a script in 8 minutes, would be happy to guide you to the tiny element you will have overlooked.

And a last word. Many people here ain't "native (English) speakers", but we all try to learn from the native speakers' (presumed) correct English, and that's why most non-native speakers here would not write something like "Is not edit." in their 1,525th post anymore.

Understood. I'll try to do better. But a programmer is a little bit work for me.
I have tried in the past. I even translated the autoit guide to spanish (not entirely) and have some friends in the autoit family. And of course many in the AHK family (more frequent in DC). But there are some hundred commands !!!!! in any language. And  i have the memory of a fly.....
 :-[

jpfx

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 02:04 PM »
use one of the many pdf stamp utilities and slap a background coloured stamp over the top of whatever you want to hide.
       |\      _,,,---,,_         
ZZZzzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;, 
      |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'    
     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)