ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

delete some space in every page of a pdf file

<< < (3/3)

Contro:
Contro, you're always asking for some, more or less dedicated, tool. Now you must start to get acquainted with the idea, I think, that there will be no other way than to lern a scripting language, like AHK, AI or one of the paid ones, and then script your own "tools", which might imply some 10 or 25 lines (not counting the braces, in AHK).

There is a decisive difference between cheap, bad macro tools, and the better ones (even macro tools costing 40, 50, 50 dollars are valid contenders here): The better ones (and all the scripting languages, of course) permit the analysis of what formerly you brought into the clipboard, then the script, by control-c. So wherever you are able to do such a copy of text parts (and of course the selection of text, beforehand), script languages, or the better ones of the macro tools, can check for the content, and act accordingly to this content, i.e. to elements of it, in the way of "if whole string contains abc, then do x, else if it contains bcd, then do y", and so on.

There is a lot of fun in running such little scriptlets, since you become aware you are able of "programming": It's very satisfying to see the computer do things for you, at last, instead of just using it, "manually", in a kind of "typewriter" setting, not getting out of it anything else than more erudite third parties set it up to do for you.

Then, you could publish 25 lines of script here, complaining, but it doesn't do this or that yet, and people who do such a script in 8 minutes, would be happy to guide you to the tiny element you will have overlooked.

And a last word. Many people here ain't "native (English) speakers", but we all try to learn from the native speakers' (presumed) correct English, and that's why most non-native speakers here would not write something like "Is not edit." in their 1,525th post anymore.

-peter.s (October 24, 2013, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Understood. I'll try to do better. But a programmer is a little bit work for me.
I have tried in the past. I even translated the autoit guide to spanish (not entirely) and have some friends in the autoit family. And of course many in the AHK family (more frequent in DC). But there are some hundred commands !!!!! in any language. And  i have the memory of a fly.....
 :-[

jpfx:
use one of the many pdf stamp utilities and slap a background coloured stamp over the top of whatever you want to hide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version