topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Nineteen Eighty-Four (Orwell) vs. Brave New World (Huxley)  (Read 4470 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
I think a lot of people here will appreciate this. (My guess is that most people have read these, or are at least fairly familiar with these classics.)

http://theliterarysn...l-vs-brave-new-world

It's all done in images/graphics, so just follow the link. It's a very good portrait of the two in contrast.

You can well imagine how "Idiocracy" is closer to the "Brave New World" picture, especially in light of the contrasts painted there.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Nineteen Eighty-Four (Orwell) vs. Brave New World (Huxley)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 01:34 PM »

Well, in a battle of the "scariness", we're seeing parts of both, but we can and are surviving the Huxley "noise" concern better. Because while it's an easy mistake to make, Huxley missed the "sanity of (certain) crowds" aggregating and filtering good stuff just like this thread here.

So yes, I like my TV as much as anyone, but then when I "feel like being smart" it only takes five minutes to find something important to look at. Whereas Censorship is tougher because it's being actively hidden, and takes much more work to get at.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Nineteen Eighty-Four (Orwell) vs. Brave New World (Huxley)
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 07:35 PM »
It's been posted on DCF before:

George Orwell vs Aldous Huxley world (KillSwitchthefilm dot com).pngNineteen Eighty-Four (Orwell) vs. Brave New World (Huxley)