topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:49 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Twinky widthdrawal .... really?? Oh please!! :)  (Read 4371 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Twinky widthdrawal .... really?? Oh please!! :)
« on: July 11, 2013, 12:28 PM »
Twinky widthdrawal ....  really??  Oh please!!   :)  People can't be without twinkies for a few lousy weeks/months?  Geez!! I've been waiting since the mid 90s for Entemann's to resume production of the round Cheese Coffee Cake.  That thing was the most decadent ever!!  Full of cheese with a thin brown crust on top that's covered with icing!!!  I gained 40 LBS in a couple of months after quitting smoking and eating one of those a day.  I can't imagine why they stopped making them unless they lost money on each sale.  No way people wouldn't buy 'em if they were available.

I doubt I could even find a picture of one online now.   :mad:

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Twinky widthdrawal .... really?? Oh please!! :)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 01:44 PM »
"What about the Twinkie?"

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 06:48 PM »
I gained 40 LBS in a couple of months after quitting smoking and ...

Interesting, isn't it?  I also gained 40lbs in a couple months after quitting smoking.  Wasn't the Entemann's though... possibly Krispy Kreme, back then they made actual tasty real donuts that they prepared in the company store down the road...

BTW, was this what you meant?  (Full blog post here)

vi vi vi - editor of the beast

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 06:32 PM »

Oh man!  I remember the Entemann's Cheese Cakes!!!  I used to get them on every grocery shopping trip and had it with coffee in the morning and after supper.  Didn't know they stopped making them though, just thought the grocery store stopped carrying them for some reason.  They were excellent.....and very rich.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 07:01 PM »
Do you have any idea how much chocolate fudge cake one had to eat to get 6 of these mugs for "free"? (they are worth about $15.00 each, today)

--30000--21143_product_1855431065_thumb_large.jpg
--30000--21143_product_1855431065_3_thumb_large.jpg

Chilled, peel the frosting off, eat the cake first and save the frosting for last.  :-*

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 07:15 PM »
  Oh man!  I remember the Entemann's Cheese Cakes!!!  I used to get them on every grocery shopping trip and had it with coffee in the morning and after supper.  Didn't know they stopped making them though, just thought the grocery store stopped carrying them for some reason.  They were excellent.....and very rich.

They still make the Deluxe French Cheese Cake, but it is considered a seasonal item.

I remember the pineapple upside-down cheesecake, from when I was a kid. I have never tasted a cheesecake quite like that one in my entire adult life.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 07:46 PM »
Do you have any idea how much chocolate fudge cake one had to eat to get 6 of these mugs for "free"? (they are worth about $15.00 each, today)
 (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post)
Chilled, peel the frosting off, eat the cake first and save the frosting for last.  :-*

I've got one of these that I used to use as a shaving mug.  lol