topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The Teardrop Memorial  (Read 2226 times)

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The Teardrop Memorial
« on: May 26, 2013, 08:22 PM »

Here is something that was easily forgotten, though I don't know why.  Our friends in Russia built this monument for the citizens of the U.S. in honor of 9/11 and all the other people killed by terrorist.  But it was a big controversy from many that wanted their 15 minutes of fame, but what I'll call their 15 Minutes of Shame.  Yes, there were opponents of this monument and they fought hard to keep it from being built.  For the life of me I don't understand why, unless they were all pro-terrorist or just hated Russians.  Either way, it was finally completed and then quickly forgotten.  Nary a mention in the media or by our government.

So to the Russians I say "Thank you for such a beautiful gift to honor our fallen".

TeardropMemorial.jpg

http://quilligrapher...es.com/hub/TEAR-DROP

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: The Teardrop Memorial
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 09:07 PM »
Hm, never heard of it before.  Thank you for the reference.  And thank you Mr. Tsereteli.

It's a good piece, simple enough for even me to get, compassion in response to the horrific.  How could you reject that?
vi vi vi - editor of the beast