topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 4:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Comodo SecureDNS won't let me update Avant browser  (Read 3020 times)

conceptualclarity

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Comodo SecureDNS won't let me update Avant browser
« on: May 09, 2013, 04:28 PM »
I have Avant browser around as a spare browser, not a default browser. Every time I try to update it, I get this message.

Warning: Unsafe Website Blocked!
dl20.filekicker.net
This website has been blocked temporarily because of the following reason(s):

Phishing
This site contains links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.

I looked this time, and I appeared to be physically blocked from any possibility of overriding Comodo on this. I'm finding it hard to believe that the Avant download is really malware.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Comodo SecureDNS won't let me update Avant browser
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 06:25 PM »
  I've had this same problem with filekicker in the past.  Apparently, filekicker gets some badware uploaded on their site and are added to the black list.  Wait a day, sometimes even in an hour or so, and when the badware gets removed you'll be allowed back in.  Filekicker also gets overloaded and your downloads will keep getting kicked off with a "Server Busy" result

When this happens, use the secondary url that gets the file directly from Avant (or wherever they have it stored)

conceptualclarity

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 08:09 PM »
  When this happens, use the secondary url that gets the file directly from Avant (or wherever they have it stored)

I don't quite understand. It was Avant's own download page that I opened when I hunted it hunted down through all their multituide of options.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 08:45 PM »

I don't quite understand. It was Avant's own download page that I opened when I hunted it hunted down through all their multituide of options.
-conceptualclarity (May 09, 2013, 08:09 PM)

On Avants download page it list two links for Avant Browser and 2 links for AvantBrowser Ultimate, a primary (filekicker) and a secondary (AvantBrowser.com).